New Nexus One Froyo build?

This is a discussion on New Nexus One Froyo build? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had to unlock my bootloader and root the "proper" way (i guess) in order to get out of the stock frg33 when I realized ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Nexus One Froyo build?

I had to unlock my bootloader and root the "proper" way (i guess) in order to get out of the stock frg33 when I realized 1-click wouldn't work on it. Flashed Modaco with ROM Manager, but that's the only thing I've ever used rom manager for other than backup/restore functions (been doing a LOT of restores, today). I "fix(ed) permissions" and already had "advanced" enabled. Is it possible that i need to "partition" the sdcard for CM? to work? At this point....that's the only thing I haven't done, I think.

edit: Forgot to mention that I definitely have the current CW recovery flashed.

I am not partitioned and no problems. Unless you are doing A2SD, you don't need it.

Can you try to flash CM6 thru Amon.

Thought you rerooted that way, wasn't sure. It is the best way. Just takes more research to do.

At a loss, sorry. Maybe some else has an idea. If not you can always go back to xda for help.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

If I flash Amon as "alternative recovery" in ROM Manager, how does that change the mechanics as far as flashing using/not using ROM Manager is concerned (also backups/restores)? Do I just make a new backup, once the Amon recovery is flashed, the same way I did (thru rom manager) with CW?

EDIT: Is there some fancy name changing that must occur with the update.zip? With Modaco...I think I used a passimg

Just flash Amon as "Alternate Recovery". Then "Reboot into Recovery" thru Rom Manager. Then you can scroll down with trackball to flash zip from sdcard.

You will need to copy the rom to the sd card from pc or phone. Put on root of card. I always name the zip rom "update". No quotes, no .zip. Do your backups and wipes first as usual thru the Amon recovery screen. If it works then you can back it up, then it needs restored thru Amon. Then flash back to CWMod if you want.

There are backup and restore choices on the Amon recovery screen also. You want Nand backup or Nand restore from that screen. And screen navigation tips are at top of screen. Nice thing about Amon it won't do anything before it asks you if it is ok. CWMod won't do that. Also a USB-MS Toggle where you you can mount and unmount sd card from phone. That is what the toggle means. Don't remember if CWMod has that.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok....flashed Amon..... looks like the mechanics simply all run thru the recovery, instead of thru an app (like rom manager). Went ahead and made a nand backup. So I have amon backup and CW backup, now. But I realize that the CW backup is useless to me as long as I have amon flashed. So.... 2 questions.... how vital is it to wipe before flashing CM6? and, is there an obvious recommendation between just flashing CM6 stable vs. the most current nightly?? (assuming, of course, that either will successfully flash with Amon, even though they didn't, for me, with CW)

Ok..... tried both versions of CM with amon, and it aborted both times. I'm befuddled. I wiped. As far as I can tell, I did everything I'm supposed to do. This seems pretty straight forward, other than the fact that I can't seem to make it work. WTF???

Is it possible that the version of Modaco that I installed is somehow affecting this process. This is the one I used: Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert / FRF91 fingerprint with radio update zip download (recommended): DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 81c3a53f0c0f9a99ebe814bc06da4a42

Yes, you can only use one at a time. I have several bu of each. I always wipe and do a bu first including Titanium. Unless, I have a recent, up-to-date bu of each.

To not clutter sd card, i move some bu's to pc in an SD Card folder. In your case you may want to delete some of the redundant bu's on the phone. I like Linda Manager for that stuff. From Market.

Sorry, but I am at a loss too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I doubt if the Modaco is at fault. You could pose the question on that forum too. Did you name it just update.

Stupid idea, but did you pull battery then try to flash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Crazyiness!!!
    Not sure if the error syntax means anything to you, but it seems to find, open, and verify the "update package" and then it says:

Installing update....
    Welcome to Cyanogenmod-6.0.0-N1!
    assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") =="0.33.2012" l l getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)

Installation aborted.

:'(

just taking a wild stab at this.... you mentioned a2sd, earlier. I have multiple apps forced over to my sd, but never seemed to need any kind of partitioning to accomplish this; even on stock frf91. I currently have all root access apps on the phone, though. I can't imagine that would impact flashing a ROM, but I'm entertaining anything at this point.

Edit: I did a battery pull when I copied my sd contents to the laptop. didn't seem to help.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links