New Nexus One Froyo build?

This is a discussion on New Nexus One Froyo build? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I copied and pasted your error into google, but can't get to the cyan links about the error. So, you were able to flash Modaco ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Nexus One Froyo build?

I copied and pasted your error into google, but can't get to the cyan links about the error.

So, you were able to flash Modaco and it was a FRG33 rom? Haven't been impressed with it. Is giving problems. You could try to flash the Korean Radio zip from cyans stable dl page and get that radio on phone. No wipe and since you have a recent bu no need for that. Assuming you have a working rom ie Miodaco on phone now.

May be a bootloader problem from when you rooted or from flashing frg33.

Update: Read this thread in link below and checkout links within it. It may be your bootloader and either downgrade it or try temporary fix for that bootloader. I remember reading about this on XDA too. It is out my league though. Cyanogenomod with N1 SLCD - CyanogenMod Forum

If you can flash another Modaco rom like r21: 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo it may be unique to Cyan and your HBoot.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Interesting! Pretty sure I got mine prior to the amoled shortage, but that's my error code they were talking about. I'll try a few other packages, including the altered one described in that thread. You're a ton of help man. I suddenly feel "search-inept" by comparison...

I am search proficient because I am android dumb and half this stuff is Greek to me. Hope you get it worked out, cause downgrading an HBoot is way out of my league.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Well....at least YOU know what an HBOOT is!!! At this point, I'm not even sure that I care about CM. I'm just irritated that I can't make this thing work, and concerned about what future implications exist b/c of it.....and I'm apparently a glutton for punishment, too. Will keep you posted though.
    Thanks a million.

Well....you nailed it, man. That modified update package, in the SLCD thread, loaded up for me. Flashed just like I thought it was always supposed to. Who knew frg33 could wreak such havoc on me?

Good lookin' out, man!

I think once you get the hboot solved, you'll be fine. Do enough research to be sure that is the problem. There will always be somone on here or xda to guide you thru the downgrade if that is what is needed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Looks like I'll play around with this CM6 for a while, and then use it to create a backup, in addition to my previous FRG33 backup. So far it seems pretty sweet. Just glad I finally got it to work! Still not sure what HBOOT is, but I'm certain I'd like to avoid the need to know....at least until next weekend

Thanks again for your assistance.

How did you fix it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    How did you fix it?
    Your search led to the SLCD discussion...which led to a more specific HBoot report. But some guy had a link (post #13 in the SLCD discussion) to a CM6 package with the discussed altered update script which apparently allows the update to occur without having to jack with the Hboot. So...I guess this question, at this point, pertains more to whether or not this newer Hboot version, that I appear to have, will be "supported" in the upcoming CM releases or not. Otherwise, I may just be stuck between these 2 ROMs for a while. Really hoping that some Gingerbread comes our way soon enough.

BTW...how do I even know what my Hboot version is???

makelegs,

Glad you got it working. You can downgrade if you wish. Just some searching to find right files and steps for your version of hboot and phone. They will get it worked out. I am staying away from frg33, although Cyan now has it in his roms and i had no problem flashing back to stable CM6. But, I rooted the old way and never flashed just frg33 upgrade.

hboot: If I am right, it would be the process the phone follows to access and turn on all your programs during boot. The order in which they run. I bieve that based on when I changed my boot order on my laptop, so if my ext drive is plugged in it boots first. Did that because I have restore program on it called Acronis True Image. That way if the laptop won't turn on, I can boot with the ext drive and do a restore.

fastboot: takes you directly to the recovery screen to type your commands there for recovery choices.

That is a laymen explanation and may not be 100%.

Either way, now that you are rooted and an expert, time to start themeing.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links