Battery Usage?

This is a discussion on Battery Usage? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm running Cyanogen 6.0 RC3 and I'm just curious on how battery usage because when I woke up and unplugged my phone, I was reading ...

Thread: Battery Usage?

Battery Usage?

I'm running Cyanogen 6.0 RC3 and I'm just curious on how battery usage because when I woke up and unplugged my phone, I was reading an article on the browser for 10 minutes, and it dropped from 100% to 90% (with one minute phone call in there). The brightness was on 100%, not too sure if it effects the battery that much.

I know it's a smart phone, but 10 minutes of browsing shouldn't take 10% of your battery. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

CM6 does increase your battery usage. Kernels can also increase the life of your battery. I used WildMonks kernel and had much better battery life than that of the Kernel that comes with CM6.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    CM6 does increase your battery usage. Kernels can also increase the life of your battery. I used WildMonks kernel and had much better battery life than that of the Kernel that comes with CM6.
    I have never updated a Kernel before - what are they responsible for, and are they easy to update?

Faster speeds on your CPU. The current kernel on CM6 is capable of 1113MHz and other kernels are able to over clock higher than that.

It can improve your 720p HD recording and give you an overall better user experience. You can check the thread in my SIG on how to flash a kernel. It's easy.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Sheanzy is right. That 1113mhz kernel is very stable. Flashing kernel is as easy as flashing rom. Backup first though.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Sheanzy is right. That 1113mhz kernel is very stable. Flashing kernel is as easy as flashing rom. Backup first though.

I've read his guide and because I'm no expert with these things, I might go for a Kernel that's below 1190mhz.

I know how to flash images, so that won't be a problem. If I were to do a nAndroid back up, and then flash a Kernel - restoring the back up will also restore my old Kernel?

I always thought a Kernel was stuck onto your phone, kind of like a Recovery file. Should I just think of a Kernel as a ROM then?

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

I've read his guide and because I'm no expert with these things, I might go for a Kernel that's below 1190mhz.

I know how to flash images, so that won't be a problem. If I were to do a nAndroid back up, and then flash a Kernel - restoring the back up will also restore my old Kernel?

I always thought a Kernel was stuck onto your phone, kind of like a Recovery file. Should I just think of a Kernel as a ROM then?
    The 1113mhz is very stable right now. Before this was the 1267mhz. While probably nobody can go 1267 without being kick by a dragon, 1190 is the safest, but not to some phones. If I am not mistaken, last time Wildmonk himself can't go 1190. I did a 1190 too but sometime my N1 reboot by itself, not that frequent but made me go for 1152. no problem. With this 1113, there is no complain, I can even go for 5 days without reboot. Stable. Great Choice.

Some roms come with their own kernels, I mean like CM6 came with Pershoot. Meaning, yes, if now u flashed 1113 and then nandroided back, u'll get Pershoot back. Some roms require flashing kernel, if not instead will use stock kernel.

In term of flashing, maybe yes :D

"You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links