Please help Guys !!!!

This is a discussion on Please help Guys !!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Im having 3 problems with my nexus one- updated to android 2.2 1. Only Opera mini browser works on my nexus one. The default nexus ...

Thread: Please help Guys !!!!

Please help Guys !!!!

Im having 3 problems with my nexus one- updated to android 2.2

1. Only Opera mini browser works on my nexus one. The default nexus one browser, as well as dolphin browser doesnt work .

2. Youtube application has'nt played any video till date, always force closes. Even on the opera browser, no youtube videos playing.

3. GPRS doesnt activate back after i switch off the GPS (if GPS was switched on for use). GPRS only starts after i switch off and on the phone again.

Please help !!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Sujith Surendran View Post

1. Only Opera mini browser works on my nexus one. The default nexus one browser, as well as dolphin browser doesnt work .

2. Youtube application has'nt played any video till date, always force closes. Even on the opera browser, no youtube videos playing.

3. GPRS doesnt activate back after i switch off the GPS (if GPS was switched on for use). GPRS only starts after i switch off and on the phone again.

Please help !!!
    are you Rooted?

Have you tried a Factory Data Reset?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Please help !!!
    GPS and GPRS are completely unrelated. Can you please clarify?

GPS is the Global Positioning System (which is a receive only radio)

GPRS is the General Packet Radio Service (which is a bidirectional 2G digital data stream for Internet access)

@sliceburgslim , i havent tried factory data reset, and what is meant by rooted.??

@Beer goggles, yes GPS and GPRS are different , but when i start my GPS, my GPRS gets deactivated and doesnt start even after switching off the GPS, ,, the gprs only starts if i switch off and then on my phone again !!!!!

I would say try the factory data reset. If that doesn't work, sounds like you might have to contact HTC.

Root means to gain Superuser access to your phone which gives you the ability to run custom Roms (operating systems), custom kernels and flash custom themes. There are many more things root can offer but these 3 are the biggies
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

@Beer goggles, yes GPS and GPRS are different , but when i start my GPS, my GPRS gets deactivated and doesnt start even after switching off the GPS, ,, the gprs only starts if i switch off and then on my phone again !!!!!
    What do you mean by "my GPRS gets deactivated"?

As I mentioned, the two are not only different, they are unrelated in any way and there is no way that they should affect each other.

As I asked, please clarify. What is the exact symptom that you are seeing? If Wi-fi on?

@sliceburgslim , Beer goggles..

just factory resetted my N1,
    *GPS, GPRS problem solved.
    but still N1 default browser not working, neither youtube playing anything.

That is strange. You have a data plan on the phone? Are you able to access the internet with any other apps?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

after factory resetting the phone, i configured my gprs setting. The browser is not working, but rest applications like gmail, gtalk, market etc is working

I think AndroidisTruth had a similar problem. Maybe he can help when he checks this post.

In the meantime you try clearing browser cache.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links