Is it bad to take your N1 on and off the desktop dock in short period of times?

This is a discussion on Is it bad to take your N1 on and off the desktop dock in short period of times? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just put my desktop dock in the office, on my desk today. It looks so clean Like my title said, is it bad for ...

Thread: Is it bad to take your N1 on and off the desktop dock in short period of times?

Is it bad to take your N1 on and off the desktop dock in short period of times?

I just put my desktop dock in the office, on my desk today. It looks so clean Like my title said, is it bad for the phone or the battery to take it off and back on the dock like every 10 mins or so? I use my n1 a lot in the office, especially when I'm bored.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Don't really know if it will hurt the battery or not but you could unplug your dock till needed to be on the safe side.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Don't really know if it will hurt the battery or not but you could unplug your dock till needed to be on the safe side.
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm currently doing now. It'd be nice to know though if it does hurt the phone/battery.

I'm. By no means an expert, but I use my dock bedside and frequently play around with it mid charge Otto change the music I'm listening to. I've seen no il-affects from this. The only thing I would do is keep the Bluetooth connected or disconnected rather than making the phone reconnect with it every time you put it back on the cradle.

As for the battery. I'm. Not sure its going to hurt it, but would agree that unplugging the dock isn't a bad idea....it may be overkill though!

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm currently doing now. It'd be nice to know though if it does hurt the phone/battery.
    There's no way it could hurt the phone's electronics. The worst case is that the battery might not like it and die a little quicker than otherwise, but even that is doubtful. If it were true though, it's no biggie. Batteries are cheap. You're more likely to be putting the connector on the bottom of the phone through more connections in it's life than it was designed for. You might get to a point where you connect it and it doesn't charge and you have to waggle (wiggle) it a bit. If the design engineers expected the connector to be good for 2,000 connections/disconnections over the phone's lifetime and you're connecting/disconnecting 20 times more often than they planned, you can see how you're overstressing it. Saying that though, I do exactly the same as you do (just slightly less often - maybe connecting it to the dock 5 times a day).
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I do the same thing, several times during the day, also charge each night. I don't believe it's good for the battery to not let it run down before charging. I still think it will shorten the battery life very slightly, but figure even with this the battery will likely last a couple years.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    ...is it bad for the phone or the battery to take it off and back on the dock like every 10 mins
    No, it's OK.

DOCK and micro usb

Ive just got a used N1. The micro USB is slightly intermittent. I'm considering getting a dock. Can anyone tell me if the dock mates with the usb or charge through the 3 gold pins on the bottom or maybe both if the dock is for data to the PC.
    Thanks John

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links