Texts cause phone to ring

This is a discussion on Texts cause phone to ring within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello All, I am a noob and consequently have a noob question. I recently got a nexus one and am absolutely loving it, but am ...

Thread: Texts cause phone to ring

Texts cause phone to ring

Hello All,

I am a noob and consequently have a noob question. I recently got a nexus one and am absolutely loving it, but am having one problem that bugs me to no end. When I receive a text message, my text tone as specified in the settings for the stock messaging app plays, but then is followed by a ring that continues until I clear the notification. I have looked in both the sound settings for the whole phone and the messaging settings and can't seem to find what is causing this. It does not happen for emails or for talk messages, they simply make the tone they are supposed to.

If anyone can help me I will be eternally grateful! (for a few days)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you have another texting app installed?
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Nope! Just the stock one. I'm not rooted either.

What happens if you set it to silent? If the ringing still occurs it might be another app.

If nothing else, you could try a factory reset and test it without any apps to completely rule them out.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links