Just got a new sd card. Help

This is a discussion on Just got a new sd card. Help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Alright tech savy people Got me an issue. Weird. Not sure how to handle it. My computer is no recognizing all my files on my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a new sd card. Help

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Alright tech savy people

Got me an issue. Weird. Not sure how to handle it. My computer is no recognizing all my files on my SD card. Any suggestions? They show in Astro. I don't have any issues, but for some reason I think something might had happened when I was saving some music contracts from a friend and I think his file had some trojans on it. Nothing seems wrong with my phone, no stolen info. I think these were trojans for Windows cause McAfee stopped them when I connect USB storage. But now I can't get all my files to show up on my laptop. I don't know if McAfee is blocking it out or something.

Suggestions?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by danifresh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I can't believe all you guy's posts beat me, there was none there when I started. I need a typing class.

Back up the old card to your computer by mounting phone thru usb. Have usb debugging selected on phone. Settings/Applications/Development. Unmount phone.

Install new sd card, mount phone to computer with usb and thru the computer it should be seen as a drive and you can right click on it and format fat32.

Then copy the the files you backed up to the computer onto the new sd card.

When you put the new card in you could go to Settings/SD Card & Phone Storage and see if Format SD Card is enabled. Never have done it that way though. It may be available thru recovery also, don't remember. I prefer my method.

Make sure you unmount correctly thru the taskbar at bottom of computer. There are two items that need clicked on to get the ok to umount.

I always bu my sd card also, just like I do my roms.

There is also a ms-usb-toggle in recovery that mounts and unmounts also. Used it once.

Any Q's ask.

Ken
    i have my phone rooted running cm6 and amon ra 1.8.0.1 and i have alot of apps on y sd card .my current card is 8gb class2 .my new is 16 gb class 6 .is it the same steps with that or is there some different methods?

thank you in advanced

Steps won't change.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Alright tech savy people

Got me an issue. Weird. Not sure how to handle it. My computer is no recognizing all my files on my SD card. Any suggestions? They show in Astro. I don't have any issues, but for some reason I think something might had happened when I was saving some music contracts from a friend and I think his file had some trojans on it. Nothing seems wrong with my phone, no stolen info. I think these were trojans for Windows cause McAfee stopped them when I connect USB storage. But now I can't get all my files to show up on my laptop. I don't know if McAfee is blocking it out or something.

Suggestions?
    I wasn't going to answer this cause you said tech savvy people.

I don't know exact answer, but did you do a virus scan. And, if you don't have it, I have Acronis True Image a full image bu I use regularly on my Laptop.

Good Luck!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Alright tech savy people

Suggestions?
    I wasn't going to answer this cause you said tech savvy people.

I don't know exact answer, but did you do a virus scan. And, if you don't have it, I have Acronis True Image a full image bu I use regularly on my Laptop.

Good Luck!
    I found out what happened. Apparently when my computer detected the trojans it hid my folders that I guess were infected I'm assuming. Did some research and found that there's a folder option with windows that can allow folders to be hidden.

This is great info because if there were any folders that were hidden during a SD card transfer they can be unhidden to assure they are transferred as well.

All is well in my Nexus little galaxy.
    Androidfied.

Great troubleshooting Truth, glad you got it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links