tts problem

This is a discussion on tts problem within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there any way to disable or uninstall PICO tts? I have another tts app that I use, and already set it as default. It ...

Thread: tts problem

tts problem

Is there any way to disable or uninstall PICO tts? I have another tts app that I use, and already set it as default. It works but half the time, PICO overrides it. I even did a "force stop" on PICO tts, but no luck... I still hear it while on navigation, or when someone txt me or calls me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That may not be wise. It's possible that some of your apps may not be able to use the alternate tts you downloaded. You might try checking the override setting to always use your setting for tts to see if that helps.

I use an alternate tts and have it set as default so I could replace that robotic voice. For a while, Google Navigation would not work if that one was set as default. I had to enable pico for Navigation to work. Other apps used my alternate tts. With the recent updates to Navigation, it now uses my alternate tts (svox classic) so now, so far, all my apps that use tts seem to be working with my preferred choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    That may not be wise. It's possible that some of your apps may not be able to use the alternate tts you downloaded. You might try checking the override setting to always use your setting for tts to see if that helps.

I use an alternate tts and have it set as default so I could replace that robotic voice. For a while, Google Navigation would not work if that one was set as default. I had to enable pico for Navigation to work. Other apps used my alternate tts. With the recent updates to Navigation, it now uses my alternate tts (svox classic) so now, so far, all my apps that use tts seem to be working with my preferred choice.
    Thanks Maris for the suggestion. I checked the override setting, and it's still 50/50. It'll announce it thru my preferred tts for a few times, then PICO comes up again.. and back.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links