How do I set up VNC on N1 Google

This is a discussion on How do I set up VNC on N1 Google within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have no idea on how to set up VNC server/viewer. I would like to know if I need a cable or something or is ...

Thread: How do I set up VNC on N1 Google

How do I set up VNC on N1 Google

I have no idea on how to set up VNC server/viewer. I would like to know if I need a cable or something or is it all wireless? I inserted the same username/password on my mobile to that of my PC and still doesn't work.

It asks me for a port 5900 and that I don't understand. More importantly how do I establish the desktop connection from my pc to my mobile. Please instruct me. Thank you very much.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    You don't say what application you're using on the N1. Since the N1 doesn't come with any VNC related tools pre-installed, in order to help you someone would need to know what you're using.

What I can say though is if you want to run a VNC server on your phone, you need to have your phone rooted. If you've rooted, "droid VNC server" on the market will let you share your phone out to your PC. I've rooted (using the one-click root tool) and this server works fine for me. No cable is needed, but your phone needs to have a wifi connection. It might work with just a 3G connection but I don't know, I haven't tried that -- your carrier might block it from working, and even if it does work it will suffer in response time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links