Need some help. cracked my screen.

This is a discussion on Need some help. cracked my screen. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I accidentally dropped my N1 and a SUPER small chip was made. Weeks later I had my phone charging from my laptop sitting next ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help. cracked my screen.

Need some help. cracked my screen.

So I accidentally dropped my N1 and a SUPER small chip was made. Weeks later I had my phone charging from my laptop sitting next to the fan and the heat seems to have made a small crack down the corner.

So if you look at the screen straight on you can't even tell there is a crack, at angles you can tell. Since the N1 is obviously awesome, I can't represent with a cracked screen. I want to give it a go at repairing it myself.

My quesiton is, does it seem like I just need the digitizer, since it seems like there is no screen damage? Anyone that has done it know what tools I need to make sure I have?

Thanks
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had HTC replace my digitizer. It cost about $120 plus you don't lose your warranty. Considering the cost of buying the digitizer ($80 on eBay) + tools ($10) and the chances of screwing up your install (very high), I figured $30 was worth peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    I had HTC replace my digitizer. It cost about $120 plus you don't lose your warranty. Considering the cost of buying the digitizer ($80 on eBay) + tools ($10) and the chances of screwing up your install (very high), I figured $30 was worth peace of mind.
    what was your turn around time? not sure how long I can be without the phone.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

If you have the funds on a credit card you can just do a swap. They charge you the full price, send you a new one, you put your broken one in the same box & send it back. They pay for shipping round trip. They'll then bill your card the amount of the repair. If you don't use a swap, it takes 5-7 days including shipping time if you use Fedex.

Gotcha,
    Ill give em a call this week and see what they say. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    If you have the funds on a credit card you can just do a swap. They charge you the full price, send you a new one, you put your broken one in the same box & send it back. They pay for shipping round trip. They'll then bill your card the amount of the repair. If you don't use a swap, it takes 5-7 days including shipping time if you use Fedex.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

crack screen

Plz someone suggest me what should i do as i have cracked my amoled screen only with no damage to the outer screen & the problem is i am staying in India for a year hence cant send it bac to HTC bac to US.

I accidentally cracked my screen this week end and it is like the above post just the amoled screen not the glass so I just want to know how much it costs to get it fixed. I know it says 120$ above but was that the glass that was cracked or the screen?

Oh man, I was out bicycling, I didn't put the phone securely in the bracket and I heard it fall out. I turned back around to go get it, and some lady stopped in her car just before the phone. As I'm watching she decided to go and drove right over it.

Funny thing is, the phone still works fine, screen looks great. But the glass is all cracked up. I'm thinking my best choice is to send it to HTC for repair.

I forgot to ask, will I get a super-amoled screen back? Do they even need to replace that portion? It seems like it's just the glass. The touch screen still works fine over the whole phone, and it's still usable. But I keep getting glass shards in my hand (ouch!). lol

Any other thoughts?

same here.. cracked glass about 4cm long on the bottom far left side.. i have no idea how it happened, my guess is it got stepped on, or it fell off of the night stand, i have no idea.. i was drunk that night, and only noticed the crack the next day lol.. anyway, it is fully functional, but still its an eye sore... i love my n1, minus the bugs in messaging. so im debating whether to fix it or leave it.. i feel like the cost is really high over at HTC, but I know there are alternatives.. you can buy the parts and DIY, or go to a different shop. Cell Phone Repair Center Doctor Cell Phone iPhone Repairs -- have read some good reviews about this shop, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them before? Cost is cheaper for sure.

I've had my n1 even before it officially came out, and we all know the lifespan of a cellphone is no more than 2 years... and this phone has been pretty solid, with all its updates but i do want a bigger internal space and front facing camera... not sure if google is coming out with another one, but would love to have another google flagship phone that's guaranteed to run on the latest android version.

I highly doubt your gonna get as good of service or price from anyone other then HTC. Plus keep in mind they pay shipping, FedEx overnight BOTH ways, those other shops make you pay shipping in addition to their repair costs . HTC does an awesome job with the phones, and the price is a lot cheap then the third party places that I checked when my screen broke.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links