Battery Myths Busted: 5 Myths About Increasing and Decreasing Androidís Battery Life

This is a discussion on Battery Myths Busted: 5 Myths About Increasing and Decreasing Androidís Battery Life within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ya tx for trying to expand our battery life. Seems that only turning off the gps, wifi, auto syncro and set brightness down and getting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Myths Busted: 5 Myths About Increasing and Decreasing Androidís Battery Life

Ya tx for trying to expand our battery life. Seems that only turning off the gps, wifi, auto syncro and set brightness down and getting another battery are the only things left to be done ? Tx also for fast feedback...!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I do NOT Recommend this, i have tried this and yes it has its benefits BUT it also changes the Battery Cache for the worse. Because of this i lost 2% battery over 12 hours (sleeping time) and had on the phone both HSDPA & Sync enabled all night, now i would say this was pretty good however when the phone finally drained to 10% it shut down with an apparent 10% charge and would not power past recovery. to fix this i had to clear the battery Cache but i also lost the progress i made and the following night in the same position lost 12% over 12 hours.
    Yes, thanks for posting back...I can cross this off my list of things to do.

I don't worry about my battery at all. I prefer to use my phone to the fullest, leaving everything running except BT which I seldom use. I decided when I first got my phone that it was more fun to just use it like I wanted, and carry an extra battery to quickly pop in it if I need the extra juice. After all, being able to change batteries was a really nice feature, so why not use it.

When you shop for a phone, you make decisions based on whether it has this or that feature. I wouldn't want this one because it doesn't have xxx, or that one only has a 3 mega pixel camera, cough, cough. So why then when you finally get that perfect phone do we not want to use those very features because OMG it might use the battery? At least our N1's can swap a battery and they don't cost an arm and a leg to get.

Just my thoughts.

I bought a back up power supply and have never needed it. There are solutions to battery life problems. Those solutions my be a bit inconvenient, but there are many things in our daily lives that are inconvenient. It's called life.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I bought a back up power supply and have never needed it. There are solutions to battery life problems. Those solutions my be a bit inconvenient, but there are many things in our daily lives that are inconvenient. It's called life.
    Dude, you're bummin' me out......

Well I tried it and so far I placed a call and used some apps and its been an hour since I charged it and its still at 100% battery life which usually by now I would be at 90% or less! So so far its working just fine but I'll see if anything goes wrong and post it up! But no complains so far!

we can try and try to suck more juice out of our N1's but as i've said earlier....

If it Ain't broke don't fix it...

All Superphone battery life suck.... Ask any criPhanboi about his G4... they all suck

you can buy a biggest battery from the Seidio Innocell store here ... but your phone will look like a brick

Praying Android 3.0 has better power management....

It's really sad when you think about it... we have mobility> but can't do anything on the move> like using maps on a long bus trip

Because of the battery

I unfortunately have to agree with Larry Beer Goggles >
    To coin Al Gore it is "An Inconvenient Truth"

would this work on just a battery charger and extra battery or does the battery have to be inside the phone itself? i'm asking because i play with my phone while it's charging. the turning off for an hour part i dont think i can do because i fiddle with it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

IMHO, NexusOne battery isn't that bad. I don't turn anything off except Bluetooth since I don't have any is for it. I leave my screen brightness automatic. I use it often. Decent amount a day. The battery lasts me a good 10 hours which is sufficient enough to last me a day. It I go out at a night? Pop in a spare battery.

All I wish from this phone is batter reception... I should say T-Mobile should improve their service lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links