gmail update

This is a discussion on gmail update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so engadget says that there is an update for gmail. will i automatically get it on my nexus or do i have to go to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gmail update

gmail update

so engadget says that there is an update for gmail. will i automatically get it on my nexus or do i have to go to the market and download gmail in order to get updated.

also, why does google have these separate programs when they are native to the phone. seems kinda counter intuitive to me. they should be synced already

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah I just went to the market and did it manually.

And I don't know it is really annoying that they do that cause it takes up a lot of free space..

still no select all feature................WOW seriously google?

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    so engadget says that there is an update for gmail. will i automatically get it on my nexus or do i have to go to the market and download gmail in order to get updated.

also, why does google have these separate programs when they are native to the phone. seems kinda counter intuitive to me. they should be synced already
    Native to the phone? What does that even mean?

Just because the phone came with gmail installed does not mean that it might not need to be updated once in a while.

There is a concept called modularity. It makes perfectly good sense to create separate applications to perform difference tasks.

You can certainly setup gmail (or any other application for that matter) to automatically update in the market (if you're using FroYo).

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

Just because the phone came with gmail installed does not mean that it might not need to be updated once in a while.

There is a concept called modularity. It makes perfectly good sense to create separate applications to perform difference tasks.

You can certainly setup gmail (or any other application for that matter) to automatically update in the market (if you're using FroYo).
    it came already installed. in case you forgot, this is the google phone, so certain apps came with it already installed. if you remember the phone was sold by google, so one would think that their own apps would already be integrated with the market and update almost automatically. or if not automatically since some people may not like that, you should not need to redownload the same app from the market, b/c as the 2nd poster stated it does take more space

The update doesn't show on my phone yet.

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

i received an alert to download gmail update...

I noticed it by going to "Downloads" in the market place and "Gmail" was near the top of the list indicating it was "Free." Took a look at it and downloaded it and it replaced the stock app.

i dont receive any update i'm using N1 with 2.2 when i go to the market it didnt receive any update yet..........

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

it came already installed. in case you forgot, this is the google phone, so certain apps came with it already installed. if you remember the phone was sold by google, so one would think that their own apps would already be integrated with the market and update almost automatically. or if not automatically since some people may not like that, you should not need to redownload the same app from the market, b/c as the 2nd poster stated it does take more space
    Correct if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all updates just overwrites the old version. In some cases, the newer version's file size might be slightly different because of added/omitted features.

If you actually "redownloaded" the same app for every single update, your phone would have ran out of space a long time ago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links