lost my nexus in Singapore!!!

This is a discussion on lost my nexus in Singapore!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've had the nexus one since 2 days after it was formally announced. I'm on holiday in Singapore and I have lost the bloody thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost my nexus in Singapore!!!

lost my nexus in Singapore!!!

I've had the nexus one since 2 days after it was formally announced. I'm on holiday in Singapore and I have lost the bloody thing (my fault I took it everywhere think I just left it somewhere).

I dabbled with a few security apps but never really set anything up. There isn't a sim card in the phone as I was just using it as an off-line mapping tool when I was out and about, then connecting to my brothers wifi when I was back home.

I know this is a very long shot - but is there any way for me to track it or get my carrier to lock it (with no sim card?) - Singapore is one of the most honest places that you can lose a phone in, but I am still not hopeful in ever being reunited with it,

Can't afford a new nexus - don't want any of the other phones out there - and hate the idea of having to move to one of our companies blackberries.

any suggestions welcome............:suicide_fool-edit:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to hear about that man. I have no suggestions, but hope you find it soon.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Sorry to hear that as well....without the sim card in it, not sure if it would receive a text, but is there any way you can try texting it with a message to the "finder" to leave at local police station or something? Just grasping at straws for you...
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

thanks guys. I think I am just venting a bit. Don't normally lose things - anything - and this is the last thing I want to lose. I've contacted everywhere that I have been in case it gets handed in. It won't receive a text but I have emailed myself with a message saying "please call me if you find my phone" - just in case they open the email app.

Have to say that if I was back home in UK then I would just know that it is gone for good - but over here they really are a bit more decent!

There just isn't another phone that hasn't been screwed up by vendors/carriers and I can't afford the 500 (circa $750) that it would cost to buy another one - and knowing that there is always better tech out there, I couldn't justify the outlay.

Just wait and see I guess. Maybe need to find a new forum for losers using old nokia dumb-phones

haish... sorry to hear that man. nothing is more hair-pulling than to lose a Nexus One. maybe u can try emailing your own email to let whoever found it know. who knows, maybe the person is kind.

light-sabred from my NeXuS OnE using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Too late for this one, but install Prey Phone Tracker on your next one. It's free, works with Win32, Mac, Linux, and Android and will help you find your phone...

doesnt froyo now allow remote installation of apps? maybe it's not too late

Quote Originally Posted by odhinn View Post
    Too late for this one, but install Prey Phone Tracker on your next one. It's free, works with Win32, Mac, Linux, and Android and will help you find your phone...

will this work internationally? any better than Lookout??
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

so a bitter sweet moment for me. My brother just gave me a brand new 32g iphone 4g which he never got around to jailbreaking (bought it in the us from att subscriber and then took it to singapore).

I have had the n1 since a few days after launch and still wish I had it. But I guess the iphone gives me a bit of breathing space to wait for the next droid that I really need in my life. First impressions are it is pretty and functional if a little underwhelming. Still I can't justify spending the price of another unlocked n1, and the iphone should make a bit on ebay when the next must have droid comes along.

Which is all a round abouts way of saying that I won't be able to participate on this forum for the forseeable. I have to say this forum has been brilliant. Am yet to find a decent iclone forum. Sure I will come across some of you again when the next must have device comes out

see ya'

Well lucky u. Don't lose that iphone 4. Well... on the other hand... if u do lose it... maybe your brother would buy u a G2 ;p ahh just kidding.

InViSibLe-ChoKe by TaPaTaLk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links