Carrier Specific - Videotron (Qc)

This is a discussion on Carrier Specific - Videotron (Qc) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A thread for Videotron mobile subscribers (Quebec). Use it to discuss specific carrier issues or news. (until it's added in proper section ) ----------------------------------- -------------------- ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier Specific - Videotron (Qc)

Exclamation Carrier Specific - Videotron (Qc)

A thread for Videotron mobile subscribers (Quebec). Use it to discuss specific carrier issues or news. (until it's added in proper section )

-----------------------------------
    --------------------

Appreciation so far : Very satisfied of signal, speed, plan and service. During the 1st week of operation, customer service was kind of hard to obtain but its understandable and it got better as soon as the grand opening rush passed.

----------

illico TV : To all Quebec hockey fans, the app as been updated with RDS channel. Now we can watch every single Montreal Canadiens game live, with excellent image quality ! (finally, i won't miss important hockey moments no more)

----------

Coverage - Auto Network switch : Select the automatic network provider option in service provider within your mobile network tab to make sure you don't loose the signal when getting out of the standard Videotron territory coverage. Videotron territory coverage is still limited and partnership with other providers is active (like Rogers, at no extra fees, except for long distance calls of course) while the expansion of the network is finished.

I tried it, the network switched seamlessly to Rogers with no problems when I got out of the "native" Videotron coverage.

-----------

https:// browsing : I tried the phone's default browser settings, cleared caches, data roaming setting, installed Dolphin HD browser, etc... Nothing worked until I downloaded and installed Opera Mini. Might it be a mobile provider default network setting that Opera Mini somehow overrides ? Well, important thing is, it finally works.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just FYI - I tried to get a Nexus One in Chateauguay, and they are not selling intil Jan 2011

I need a replacement nexus one (cuz mine has some pixels flaws). They put me on waiting list like the new subscribers but replacements will be done 1st , i should get one within 2 weeks. Thats why maybe you cant get one until jan 2011.

n1

hey yall, thanks to ipeck for starting the videotron thread. fyi, tried to get a n1 also, in verdun, customer service says ill recieve december 1st. we ll see. apparently there was suppose to be a october 11th shipment, but it hasn`t come yet. can you guys let me know when, or if, you get yours. oh, and what kind of pixel problem did you have there, just curious. cheers!

ya the october shipment has been delayed. Ill tell you when ill get my replacement. The pixel problem i have is like a little whiter spot only visible on pale background. (dimension approx 1/5th of a dime. (10cents))

Hi All,
    Got my N1 great phone, this phone is fast man, basically an iphone on steriods.
    I'm a new customer with Videotron, I'm not here to bash them. But my question is? Is it normal that the unlimited email is only with and email using videotrons account (ex: henry@videotron.ca). Myself as a customer, I don't care much about having a videotron email account. I have a domain email account (.com) and using a .com isn't included as the unlimited email program. Plus , I've been told that there's an email software program being design for videotron's N1 to control the difference between videotron email accounts and the domain accounts.
    I though unlimited email was basically unlimited email .com .net .org it didn't matter, but it does matter. Right now we are using the N1 email software program but this will soon change as soon as the videotron software is ready for the N1.
    Bascially, I will end up buying data for my domain email account once I go over 50MB.

Am I correct here? does anyone have info on this?

the unlimited "basic" mails are from videotron indeed (from mobile videotron mail app) but configuring other mails tru it might just work. (call service to be sure) I have, included in package, sms and others mails wich are 125 of em (combined) per month. I have 1gb transfert limit (wich is more than enough if you dont watch much videos or use netradio all day, + 5 hours of illico tv. i pay 55$/month.

hope it helped

Got my replacement phone yesterday... Awesome. Was about time. Somehow the feel of it seems a bit different. The touchscreen is much smoother and accurate and the phone is softer at feel. Tiny improvements in the making ?

and yeah, videotron's 3g+ network capability and speed is amazing. the N1 supports it very well !

This phone amazes me every day ;P

fix your https:// problems by removing the proxy IP and port from the APNs on your N1.

worked great thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links