Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

This is a discussion on Post everything 2.2.1 related here. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by WERA689 hehe....installing now :D Sell out. I'm contemplating banning you....

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    hehe....installing now :D
    Sell out.

I'm contemplating banning you.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    "I have it on good authority that this will patch the universal root method o_O"

Ok. I just copied this from the OTA thread because I've been reading about the rootkey or whatever it's call. I guess it the One click root.

I'm waiting to root and want to be able to do so easily, because I can just see myself brickin' my prized phone.

What I need to know is.

Will this update affect my ability to root in the future?

If I don't install it, will I not receive Gingerbread?

Am I at a crossroads here? Is it root now or suffer the consequences?

It will effect you rooting via the 1 click way so you may have to revert back to the old ways or rooting and unlocking the bootloader.

I don't know about the gingerbread but I too have wonder as to why they have released a OTA so close to Gingerbread being released. I wonder if need that patch to get the OTA.

It's basically root now or forever unlock your bootloader.

I mean I'm kinda stuck myself, but when GB is released I will have to revert back to Stock. My concern is that if I do I'm sure I'll get the OTA update for this one before I'm allowed to OTA GB.

And if I do, I'm either stuck with stock or stuck with an unlock bootloader, which is what I DO NOT want.
    Androidfied.

Unfortunately most of that is French to me. I get some of it, but don't know what a bootloader is.

Does that mean it will be more complicated the first time I root? Or will I be able to one click root the first time and then have to revert back to stock from then on?

I'm ok with that cuz I'll probably wait to root until after gingerbread and most other updates come down the pike. I'm thinking rooting is a good way to extend the life of my phone when Google forgets about its baby.

Unfortunately most of that is French to me. I get some of it, but don't know what a bootloader is.
    In a nutshell with the new update you can't take the easy route to root. Will have to do it the long dangerous way with greater chance of bricking your phone. The 1 click basically took that entire threat away.

When you root the long way and you turn your phone on the nexus sign will have an unlocked lock at the button. It's used to let HTC and Google know that the Bootloader has been unlocked to void warranty basically. 1 click keeps that intact.
    Androidfied.

Any chance Cyan, AR or some other third party will come up with a fix for that?

just successful updated to 2.2.1
    Thanks android team.

Regards,

PS: GMAIL updated to new version.

Just got my update about 20 min ago but I don`t see any differences except the build number and everything. I`m still not sure if it fixed the Wi-Fi sleep thing hoping it did. But I was wondering since I got the update rather fast does that mean that I will get the gingerbread update about as fast compared to other phones or is it random?

To be honest I have no idea. I would imagine in the Root world they can just have the patch removed to avoid issues with people who are rooted already, but the whole point of being rooted is to have superuser access so if you have this patch it will possibly not be possible to just remove off your phone unless you're rooted.
    Androidfied.

I just got it. I am from Hong Kong.

What's new in it?

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    To be honest I have no idea. I would imagine in the Root world they can just have the patch removed to avoid issues with people who are rooted already, but the whole point of being rooted is to have superuser access so if you have this patch it will possibly not be possible to just remove off your phone unless you're rooted.
    That was what I was thinking, but in the event I do root, revert back to stock and root again....well I guess that wouldn't work either. Nevermind!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links