Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

This is a discussion on Post everything 2.2.1 related here. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Obviously I don't know anybody important. I still haven't got 2.21. No hard choices to be made yet....

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

Obviously I don't know anybody important. I still haven't got 2.21. No hard choices to be made yet.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    if your rooted runing a custom rom what will happen if you do this ota update will it work or mess up the phone
    It seems like none of the people that know the answer to this (which I also asked earlier) are following this thread

I've got a nice fresh backup of how my phone is before 2.21 is forced upon me, but I'm not even sure if I'll be able to restore that backup if I get 2.21'ed and am unrooted by the experience. I've been spoiled by the joys of Cyanogen now and don't want to go back

My phone's sitting there in airplane mode with wifi turned off so that Google can't get at me until I know what my plan of action should be. I started a new thread to try and get an answer for those of us running CM6 to see what happens. Presumably several people with CM6 got the update by now..
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

If you are running CM6 you will not receive an OTA. this update will be incorporated into CyanogenMod in the future and it should not break your root.

The OTA only prevents Stock N1s from using the 1 click method after the update.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I updated yesterday, everything is working fine, my N1 even seems a little faster but that might just be me...

I am using universal androot on a stock N1 just to use adfree. I am not on any custom ROM. I received the OTA today but keep ignoring it. Should I unroot before I install this update or will it work even if I am still rooted?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atamkaan View Post
    I am using universal androot on a stock N1 just to use adfree. I am not on any custom ROM. I received the OTA today but keep ignoring it. Should I unroot before I install this update or will it work even if I am still rooted?
    If you unroot you will not be able to use 1 click again.
    Androidfied.

a follow up from the OTA i got yesterday:

I tried using the swype feature but it opens a small window telling me that my Swype was expired for beta use. So i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it works fine again.

I haven't noticed any further issues with my 3G connection.

It could be me, but it seems like the boot time is faster now? But that's probably me being so proud of the Nexus one.

oh, and im unrooted.

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Just a Heads up

Post FRG83 had to reinstall my Swype Beta....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwicked View Post
    a follow up from the OTA i got yesterday:

I tried using the swype feature but it opens a small window telling me that my Swype was expired for beta use. So i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it works fine again.

I haven't noticed any further issues with my 3G connection.

It could be me, but it seems like the boot time is faster now? But that's probably me being so proud of the Nexus one.

oh, and im unrooted.
    I've also noticed the faster boot

We would be delighted if you'd join us
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/g...fuse-root.html

@Larry - I could be wrong...but i don't think the OTA's going to custom ROM Rooted phones...

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atamkaan View Post
    If you unroot you will not be able to use 1 click again.
    If I unroot or if I install the update? I thought if I unroot without installing the FRG33, I can still root with one-click?

As has been said, the FRG83 update "patches" (disables) the 1-click root method. So if you update to 2.2.1, no more simple root.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links