This is a discussion on Post everything 2.2.1 related here. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by WERA689 Interesting....I'm not having any of those problems. In fact, scrolling is noticeably smoother on FRG83 for me. Come to think of ...
i just recently updated my N1. and i got terrible experience and i don't know why. here are the list of trouble :
1. incoming call is not coming
2. home-button pad doesn't work
3. auto screen lock isn't working
4. option after power the phone down only power off. No airplane mode, no silent mode options.
and i still find any weird experience.
can someone help me to solve the problem..?
Happy to report I jumped the gun......
seems T-mobile may have been to blame for 3g issues I was seeing?
Things I have noticed about 2.2.1
1. my picture gallery... (I have LOTS of pic's) loads every time flawlessly and quickly .... Nice change!
2. scrolling is much smoother.
3. apps seem to load a bit quicker
4. the Wifi sleep issue ....( at least on my phone ) HAS NOT BEEN FIXED
Really do love this phone, wish I could pick up a spare.....
Yesterday though, gmail & handcent force closed on me and another thread recommended a system wipe. (Handcent has been force closing every now and then since the last update) I did a system wipe last night and after logging in I let it sit for an hour. Most of my apps were automatically installed. I think I had to search for 3 or 4 and found and installed those no problem. One thing though I have more internal memory - about another 25 MB which is a plus. Today will be the test of it and see if all is well again. I will even give swype a try again and see if that works better.
About #4 try going in wireless & networks -> WI-FI settings -> advanced -> then change your Wi-Fi sleep policy to never.
You might have alertly done this but I tell you because after the update I realised that for some strange reason that mine was set to when screen turns off (after the Wi-Fi sleep issue was fixed for me I set it back that way cause I realised I like it better that way but that is beside the point).