Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

This is a discussion on Post everything 2.2.1 related here. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Dude Random21 Originally Posted by CaptRon Happy to report I jumped the gun...... seems T-mobile may have been to blame for 3g ...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRon View Post
    Happy to report I jumped the gun......
    seems T-mobile may have been to blame for 3g issues I was seeing?

Things I have noticed about 2.2.1

1. my picture gallery... (I have LOTS of pic's) loads every time flawlessly and quickly .... Nice change!

2. scrolling is much smoother.

3. apps seem to load a bit quicker

4. the Wifi sleep issue ....( at least on my phone ) HAS NOT BEEN FIXED

Really do love this phone, wish I could pick up a spare.....
    About #4 try going in wireless & networks -> WI-FI settings -> advanced -> then change your Wi-Fi sleep policy to never.

You might have alertly done this but I tell you because after the update I realised that for some strange reason that mine was set to when screen turns off (after the Wi-Fi sleep issue was fixed for me I set it back that way cause I realised I like it better that way but that is beside the point).
    N1 perfect again...... thanx for the info don't know why i didnt think to check that?but since changing to never sleep .....(so far) ..... Wifi is not sleeping with screen time out's.......

Also I have noticed.... and could just be network related upgrades.... but my phone is screaming fast compared to just before the OTA 2.2.1 push?

Your welcome to both of you

Question 2.2.1 FRG83 is Acting Flakey

My device is randomly freezing since recent updates. Prior to FRG83 device was rock solid. Various symptoms, but mostly appears mostly to do with incoming calls (and perhaps Bluetooth). The device is NOT rooted and on AT&T. I'm considering doing a hard reset, but want to avoid completely rebuilding the operating environment, so would appreciate step by step. I'm open to purchasing a backup app if that makes sense.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    As has been said, the FRG83 update "patches" (disables) the 1-click root method. So if you update to 2.2.1, no more simple root.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Can confirm this. Was rooted, phone locked on boot, and could not resolve. Upon wiping phone....back up wouldn't load either...as a result, I got the OTA update and now can't root anymore.

Two problems I'm having on 2.2.1 now:

1. Gmail continually pops up with "Force Close" error. Have sent feedback....no response.
    2. I REALLY miss the feature in Email, where I can "Select All' (like from my Trash Folder) to empty all the crap email.

Seriously, I can't figure out why HTC/Google haven't made this feature (#2) standard in their OS.....CMOD did, and it can't be that hard.

Frustrated that I'm unrooted, and can't seem to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsturm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    As has been said, the FRG83 update "patches" (disables) the 1-click root method. So if you update to 2.2.1, no more simple root.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Can confirm this. Was rooted, phone locked on boot, and could not resolve. Upon wiping phone....back up wouldn't load either...as a result, I got the OTA update and now can't root anymore.

Two problems I'm having on 2.2.1 now:

1. Gmail continually pops up with "Force Close" error. Have sent feedback....no response.
    2. I REALLY miss the feature in Email, where I can "Select All' (like from my Trash Folder) to empty all the crap email.

Seriously, I can't figure out why HTC/Google haven't made this feature (#2) standard in their OS.....CMOD did, and it can't be that hard.

Frustrated that I'm unrooted, and can't seem to get back.
    Well actually you can reroot you have 3 options.
    1. Use the super one click root app http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    2. Follow this tutorial http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/9370-rooting-manually-frg83.html?highlight=root+frg83
    3. you can root the old fashion way that unlocks the boot loader but I would recommend it cause you lose your warranty from htc.

of course it was official, it would not have come as a system OTA update, you woulda had to find it online

Ever since receiving the 2.2.1 update i no longer get 3G at home.

I've only just noticed as i'm normally connected to WIFI.

I also have an IPhone 3Gs on the same network, side by side they have always reported 2 to 3 3G signal bars. Now, my N1 never connects to 3G at home but the iphone is still fine.

I tried different signal settings, normally on GSM auto PRL, tried the default WCDMA preferred, no 3G but on WCDMA only setting i get my 2 to 3 bars back on 3G/HSDPA.

I also have had issues with WIFI showing the connected icon, but no throughput, randomly.

I have also had random hangs and i've never had any of these issues before this update and i've had my N1 since jan.

The lack of 3G is a massive issue at the moment for me. I'm really hoping Google recognise this problem and provide a radio update with the next release.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links