Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

This is a discussion on Post everything 2.2.1 related here. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; No update for me either...I tried the *#*#CHECKIN#*#*, all I got was a "Check in succeeded" message. I did find the link from google and ...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post everything 2.2.1 related here.

No update for me either...I tried the *#*#CHECKIN#*#*, all I got was a "Check in succeeded" message.
    I did find the link from google and downloaded...another one to hold onto until I get tired of waiting for the real thing. LOL

Manual installation failed as well... I might have to unroot or something, but I am afraid I may not be able to root with one click again.

Ok, unrooting didn't help. It appears that verification is failing due to some of the system apps I removed. Guys at xda also say that google signed OTA file wouldn't install via recovery. Oh well...

Good news, bad news, good news. Got the phone to upgrade to FRG83 by unrooting it, however, bad news is that it has also made the one touch root not function, as most likely it's looking for build FRF91. Luckily I backed up the FRF91 today before I did anything and have retained everything that I had on CM6 layout minus the root apps and extra goodies, so no real loss, but I do miss the goodies. The upgrade was very quick and only took a few minutes. Here's the info that I have on screen as I can't screen shot it non-rooted.

Android version

Baseband version
    32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320
    android-build@apa26 #1

Build number
    FRG83

Last bit of good news is that I finally got the App Inventor invitation after about 3 months of waiting. That'll keep me occupied for a day or two until they hopefully update the one touch root for FRG83. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Good news, bad news, good news. Got the phone to upgrade to FRG83 by unrooting it, however, bad news is that it has also made the one touch root not function, as most likely it's looking for build FRF91. Luckily I backed up the FRF91 today before I did anything and have retained everything that I had on CM6 layout minus the root apps and extra goodies, so no real loss, but I do miss the goodies. The upgrade was very quick and only took a few minutes. Here's the info that I have on screen as I can't screen shot it non-rooted.

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320
    android-build@apa26 #1

Build number
    FRG83

Last bit of good news is that I finally got the App Inventor invitation after about 3 months of waiting. That'll keep me occupied for a day or two until they hopefully update the one touch root for FRG83. :nexusx:
    Did you get the OTA for this or do the download and install via recovery mode?

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320
    android-build@apa26 #1

Build number
    FRG83

I used the XDA forum's link to download it and did the recovery. I'm too impatient to wait for the OTA. Haven't found any major differences :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320
    android-build@apa26 #1

Build number
    FRG83

I used the XDA forum's link to download it and did the recovery. I'm too impatient to wait for the OTA. Haven't found any major differences :nexusx:
    Cool, Thanks for the quick reply.

Nexus One update pushing out now - Android 2.2.1 and Build FRG83 | Android Central

was this posted??

it says beside the one click root patched, also this:

"Just a software update as far as we know. We have heard that once it is updated, some of the 3rd party keyboards have issues. Swype was reporting an issue while not working and Swiftkey wasn't predicting words. So if you do this update, watch out as you may not be able to use your favorite keyboard right away. "

well, I will wait a bit and see whats going on before i update then.
    i am attached to swype already.

Swype still works you just have to uninstall it then reinstall it. Someone said so in the comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Swype still works you just have to uninstall it then reinstall it. Someone said so in the comments...
    great.... then i am ok to go.. when i get the OTA update

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links