FRG83 and 1-click root

This is a discussion on FRG83 and 1-click root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; They did say it fixed the lag time in gallery....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRG83 and 1-click root

They did say it fixed the lag time in gallery.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    From what ive read i dont think theres anything different between frf91 an frg83 anyways
    A new release with no changes?

Did you follow the link I posted to start this thread?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I don't worry about these things. Losing root will only be temporary. I'm confident one of the guru's will soon have a work around. We'll be back having the best of both world's.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

I'm confused. You guys are telling me that I can't root if I get this OTA? Maybe I'm glad i haven't gotten it yet. My plan was to root once the G2 becomes the developer phone and the N1 is no longer Googles baby.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I'm confused. You guys are telling me that I can't root if I get this OTA? Maybe I'm glad i haven't gotten it yet. My plan was to root once the G2 becomes the developer phone and the N1 is no longer Googles baby.
    Please, Please follow the original link ....

Some developers at XDA (according to the link in my first post) are saying that this update patches the "hole" that allows for the "1-click rooting". This doesn't mean that the old more complicated method will stop working. But that method also unlocks the boot-loader which voids the warranty.

But if you folks want the simpler method, don't get the update.

IMHO Google>Cyanogen
    Signature says it all

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    IMHO Google>Cyanogen
    Same. Cyanogen is an amazing man but the main reasons for rooting just don't really apply to me once I bought a spare battery. Nexus one is plenty fast on its own for me and I'd rather avoid doing something with my phone that potentially could void the warranty if I don't do the non-unlocked bootloader version correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    IMHO Google>Cyanogen
    Same. Cyanogen is an amazing man but the main reasons for rooting just don't really apply to me once I bought a spare battery. Nexus one is plenty fast on its own for me and I'd rather avoid doing something with my phone that potentially could void the warranty if I don't do the non-unlocked bootloader version correctly.
    If you think cyanogen is mainly about battery life, you need to do some more research. Battery life is one of the minor benefits.

There are quite a few posts that explain the numerous benefits. Read up.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

IMHO Google>Cyanogen
    Signature says it all
    Sorry to have to continue to hassle you.....

But cyanogedmod release 6 is based on FroYo. There is noting in FroYo that is NOT in cyanogen 6. It simply allows for many additional features that, for whatever reason, Google has not "activated". So your "Google>Cyanogen" does not make any sense at all.

Cyanogen is "FroYo + more google awesomeness + cyanogen awesomeness".

I can't get the update installed since I rooted and made some changes to the stock ROM. I can't even go back to the original stock since I didn't make any type of backup. If I don't have to keep the boot loader locked as it is is it possible to get the update AND keep everything else the way it is now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links