FRG83 and 1-click root

This is a discussion on FRG83 and 1-click root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You can root via the "rageagainstthecage" method with FRG83 anyway, so all is not lost....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FRG83 and 1-click root

You can root via the "rageagainstthecage" method with FRG83 anyway, so all is not lost.

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Rooted, then unrooted (think I got screwed)

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    From what ive read i dont think theres anything different between frf91 an frg83 anyways
    Well, reading this just makes me depressed. I rooted about a month ago, and have loved being rooted & on CMOD6. But, here's my tale of woe:

My phone froze while attempting to text...no biggie, I'll just reboot. Unfortunately, my phone got stuck in a loop on reboot...and the CMOD skateboard guy kept coming & going. So....I thought, OK, I can fix this...let me do a Nandroid backup, and reload everything. The back-up worked...but when it was time to reload the back up....it was unsuccessful. So...

Back to factory defaults. Reloaded the backup I had prior to my first rooting a month ago. That worked well.

Then, rooted again. But....upon going to Titanium Backup to perform a backup, before reloading CMOD....Titanium back up fails.....repeatedly. Yes, the typical BusyBox error...I sent the log to "stericdroid@gmail.com" for assistance....no help (yet, maybe he's off on the weekend).

Anyway, here I sit, unrooted, and upon checking my phone....I see that now I am at FRG83 instead of FRF91 as I was on Friday.

Now what? Any ideas?

I had all the files downloaded and set up on the computer, just hadn't gone through with it doing it manually, but after this posted today, tried the program, and succeeded (after moving a few files around on the computer to be in the correct subfolder)

You do need to follow this section first before trying this program. [Tutorial] Root Without Unlocking (Alternative way for all ROMs Vodafone,Korean,US) - xda-developers

-------
    Prerequisites:
    -------
    - Locked Nexus One
    - Latest Android SDK incl. USB drivers
    - Working ADB
    - The file "freenexus.zip"
    edit:
    get it here:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    or
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1327667/freenexus.zip
    MD5: 947C20222056D7C070733E7FCF85CF15

-------
    Step-by-step guide:
    -------
    1. install android sdk & USB drivers
    2. extract the content of the zip file into the tools directory of SDK (i.e. \android-sdk-windows\tools)
    -> For all Newbies: Take care that you extract the files directly to the tools folder and don't create a new subdirectory freenexus within tools!!! If you did, delete the folder and extract again!!! Check twice that there is no FOLDER freenexus in your tools directory before you continue!!!

This is an excerpt from the XDA developers [Tutorial] Root Without Unlocking (Alternative way for all ROMs Vodafone,Korean,US) - xda-developers

The rest of the steps 3 through 22 are taken care of with SuperOneClick. :nexusx:

Have you guys read this? X-(

T-Mobile responds to G2 rooting controversy | andrew | Androinica

Well.... atleast.... they don't call our rooters jail-breaking criminals

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.4 (Root, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code)

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    "The controller is buggy, and is lying to Linux about actually writing the data (it's actually write protected the same way every other one of HTC's recent phones have been, which have all been cracked)."

So the G2 is Rootable!

Great! Thanks SliceBurgSlim!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links