just had one of my worst experiences with android yet

This is a discussion on just had one of my worst experiences with android yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; before I get started I was to clarify I love Android and my Nexus One. That being said, this was by far one of the ...

Thread: just had one of my worst experiences with android yet

Unhappy just had one of my worst experiences with android yet

before I get started I was to clarify I love Android and my Nexus One.

That being said, this was by far one of the worst experiences I've ever had with Android and I've been using it since the G1 first came out.

I went to take a picture and I noticed that the previous picture box on the camera was black. It's happened once before and I normally just reset the phone and everything is fine. So that's what I did. I reset the phone and it sat in the nexus one X animation for a long time, which was strange. I just let it sit there and noticed I was getting a notification from the LED trackball light. hmm. so I pulled the battery, waited five minutes, put it back and started again. SAME PROBLEM. I could unlock the phone by memory (meaning i remember where the lock dragger was located) receive calls and texts but that was it. then i kept getting an android framework force close! This really worried me.

after 30 minutes or so of restarting the phone, I finally got it to working again, but all my data was LOST. I had to resync my google account (which doesn't sound bad but i'm at my family's vacation house and i only have GSM) and finally I got everything back! YAY! ...or so I thought.

I go to open an app... FORCE CLOSE.. I open another one... FORCE CLOSE...

So I had to uninstall and reinstall EVERY APP ON MY PHONE! This took me about 3 hours and I'm still not sure if it's okay. Actually really freaked me out when I was in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling an app because it went to that stupid X boot animation, but then returned to normal.

This was such an odd experience, I am just glad that my phone is working alright again. :cross my fingers:

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, I just needed to get this out there to see if anyone has experienced this before. I also really wanted to vent.

Regardless, I still love my N1 and Android. TMobile on the other hand... well, I know if I had Sprint or Verizon I'd have 3/4g

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad your still sane enough tolove your Nexus One. The phone is so good I'm running out of this to describes how amazing it really is!
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links