installed 2.2.1 yesterday, locked at boot today

This is a discussion on installed 2.2.1 yesterday, locked at boot today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I have a stock N1 that was working fine til this morning. Updated OTA from FRP91 to FRG83(4?) yesterday. No problems, maybe even ...

Thread: installed 2.2.1 yesterday, locked at boot today

Angry installed 2.2.1 yesterday, locked at boot today

Hi there,

I have a stock N1 that was working fine til this morning. Updated OTA from FRP91 to FRG83(4?) yesterday. No problems, maybe even improved reception on wifi.
    Today I got some kind of google framenet error (I think that's what it said) and I rebooted. It's been downhill from there. Currently hung at X on boot screen. Have removed battery, sim, SD etc. Still hangs at X. I have tried power on, power on with trackball, and power on volume down. All of the options incl recovery don't get me past X at boot. Tollfree number to Google doesn't work from Canada.
    Is there some way I can connect by USB to the NI from my macbook and issue command to perform a hard reset, or install another mod, any mod. I love this phone and really hate to think of returning it for a refurb, even if that is possible.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Geoff

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think you need to call HTC not google, maybe replacement. Not familiar with the Mac. Hope you get it worked out. Somewill here will have an idea.

FYI ALL: I would stay away from this 2.2.1 for now, problems!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I think you need to call HTC not google, maybe replacement. Not familiar with the Mac. Hope you get it worked out. Somewill here will have an idea.

FYI ALL: I would stay away from this 2.2.1 for now, problems!

well I wouldn`t go as far as say stay away but I would say update at your own risk cause I got the update and have had no problems.

Dude Random21,

Thanks for the clarification and good to know some are problem free.

Not implying all will, but a lot on this thread are rooted, and I have seen a few issues. Not only here but other forums.

At your own risk is more appropriate, just want people aware of the possibility of issues.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Djs

update to 2.2.1 from korean 2.2

Hey guys, iv asked this within another thread but no answers so hoping someone could help me out.

I have a UK nexus one from vodafone, as you know they took forever sorting the 2.2 update, so i updated using the Korean 2.2 file with the volume down/power button method.

I'm trying to put 2.2.1 on it now, but so far i haven't received on OTA message yet. And the manual install starts but then fails the E-signature.

So, will i get an OTA and i just have to wait, or is there a korean 2.2.1 that i cant find, or am i screwed basically because i have the korean 2.2 on the phone ?

ps : my build number is nothing like FRF81 etc, its 2.15.1010.2 CL203557 release-keys

cheers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links