Issue with the Digital Clock

This is a discussion on Issue with the Digital Clock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I use my Nexus One as an alarm clock when on travel, and also as a nightstand clock. When I plug in the phone for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with the Digital Clock

Issue with the Digital Clock

I use my Nexus One as an alarm clock when on travel, and also as a nightstand clock. When I plug in the phone for charging, one of three things happens: (a) the phone goes completely dark (asleep) so I cannot see the clock, (b) it stays lit up like a Christmas tree with all the aps showing, or (c) the clock turns a subtle shade of green (this is what I want to happen). How can I insure that the clock always goes to the green? It seems to be totallly random, although I would bet there is something I am doing that makes it go one direction or another. Any assistance?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Mine usually pops into the clock mode when in the dock. and once in clock mode if left idle goes to the green clock mode.

To manually enable clock, you need to go to your alarms, and hit the little clock icon at the bottom. it should when left idle go to the night mode.

Ocassionally mine does not go into clock, i just pick it up and reset it into the dock.

In clock mod long press the little sun in the top right corner of the screen and it will go to the green clock.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue28 View Post
    I use my Nexus One as an alarm clock when on travel, and also as a nightstand clock. When I plug in the phone for charging, one of three things happens: (a) the phone goes completely dark (asleep) so I cannot see the clock, (b) it stays lit up like a Christmas tree with all the aps showing, or (c) the clock turns a subtle shade of green (this is what I want to happen). How can I insure that the clock always goes to the green? It seems to be totallly random, although I would bet there is something I am doing that makes it go one direction or another. Any assistance?
    Maybe the contacts at the bottom of your phone are dirty. Or maybe the pins on the dock. or both.

The behavior certainly should not be random.

Are there any special apps that you're running that might interfere with the clock app running when docked?

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    In clock mod long press the little sun in the top right corner of the screen and it will go to the green clock.
    In addition. Press and hold the button and it goes into a dull gray mode. Then touch it again and it goes into the digital clock mode with a black background and gray numbers. They are darker than the green numbers which is better in a dark room.

Thanks for your responses. I shall try them tonight. Mine works fine in the dock, but when I travel I leave the dock at home and only take the plug to go directly to the phone. I think the dock places the phone at a certain angle that the phone senses and when it is laying down, it doesn't work the same.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Thanks for your responses. I shall try them tonight. Mine works fine in the dock, but when I travel I leave the dock at home and only take the plug to go directly to the phone. I think the dock places the phone at a certain angle that the phone senses and when it is laying down, it doesn't work the same.
    I doubt that is the issue, as the sensor would constantly need to check, rather then just turning on when docked

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I doubt that is the issue, as the sensor would constantly need to check, rather then just turning on when docked
    That's correct. The phone senses the contact with the pins in the dock. Nothing fancy. That's why I asked about dirty contacts, etc.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

You may need to change your setting to Stay Awake for the screen to stay on. Not 100% cause I always use stay away.

setting application development stay away

That will keep the screen on when plugged in.
    Androidfied.

I tried the solution proposed by Coldfusionb (to touch and hold on the 'sun' icon) and it worked perfectly. Problem solved! Thanks to all for your help. Lots of savy Nexus One users out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links