Nexus One & Data

This is a discussion on Nexus One & Data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Tasker is very complex and useful. You could also use Locale. As far as an application that monitors data/txt/minutes --- download PhoneUsage...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One & Data

Tasker is very complex and useful. You could also use Locale.

As far as an application that monitors data/txt/minutes --- download PhoneUsage

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

How about netcounter? You can set start dates for billing cycles and alarms for data usage.

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    So I just took advantage of Roger's 6GB data package. I've been using Wifi, and now I can surf the net while I'm at school/work now

Just had a couple of questions though.

1. Does the data turn itself off after a while? I know when I was using Wifi, it would turn off after the screen turns off, and would automatically turn back on when my phone is in use.

2. When I turn my phone on, I have a "E" and sometimes a "H" icon on my stats bar with two arrows (one pointing up, one pointing down). After a couple of seconds of browsing, the "E" and "H" would turn into 3G.

3. Lastly, what widgets/applications do you guys use to track your data usage? I would like a widget that will automatically restart the stats at the beginning of the billing period.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
    If you are not using data (no E or 3G with arrows) then effectively it is off. The possibility to use it is always on unless you shut down the radio (like in airplane mode).

I have that plan and use the Internet at will with a lot of browsing, file downloads etc. and have yet to come close to 6gig. I wouldn't worry about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links