Nexus One & Data

This is a discussion on Nexus One & Data within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I just took advantage of Roger's 6GB data package. I've been using Wifi, and now I can surf the net while I'm at school/work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One & Data

Nexus One & Data

So I just took advantage of Roger's 6GB data package. I've been using Wifi, and now I can surf the net while I'm at school/work now

Just had a couple of questions though.

1. Does the data turn itself off after a while? I know when I was using Wifi, it would turn off after the screen turns off, and would automatically turn back on when my phone is in use.

2. When I turn my phone on, I have a "E" and sometimes a "H" icon on my stats bar with two arrows (one pointing up, one pointing down). After a couple of seconds of browsing, the "E" and "H" would turn into 3G.

3. Lastly, what widgets/applications do you guys use to track your data usage? I would like a widget that will automatically restart the stats at the beginning of the billing period.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wifi doesn't shut off unless you do it, or turn phone completely off.

under wifi settings you have some control options

the e/h/3g comes on depending on coverage in the area you are currently in edge/hspda/3g. data speed indicators.

don't know about a widget, depends on if you are rooted or not. don't know of one that starts at billing cycle. maybe check that out on your carrier website.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    wifi doesn't shut off unless you do it, or turn phone completely off.

under wifi settings you have some control options

the e/h/3g comes on depending on coverage in the area you are currently in edge/hspda/3g. data speed indicators.

don't know about a widget, depends on if you are rooted or not. don't know of one that starts at billing cycle. maybe check that out on your carrier website.
    Thanks!

What about the data? When enabled, will it always be on regardless? It's not a problem, just curious if there's a setting to turn it off when the phone is idle for a while.

data has settings to under you wifi and network settings
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

What ROM are you running?

With standard ROM's, the cellular indicator shows G for GPRS, E for EDGE and 3G for any 3G.

CM 6 shows more details for 3G, like H which stands for HSDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    What ROM are you running?

With standard ROM's, the cellular indicator shows G for GPRS, E for EDGE and 3G for any 3G.

CM 6 shows more details for 3G, like H which stands for HSDPA.
    I'm using CM6. I guess that's what it means

Still can't find anything related to turn off data when the phone's screen is off. Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    3. Lastly, what widgets/applications do you guys use to track your data usage? I would like a widget that will automatically restart the stats at the beginning of the billing period.
    I use 3GWatchdog for tracking network data usage. It's nice because you can set it to hide the icon when using wifi and have it show when on the net. I previously used NetCounter or something like that too.

Smart monitor lite watches data and wifi and has a reset

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    I'm using CM6. I guess that's what it means

Still can't find anything related to turn off data when the phone's screen is off. Is it possible?
    Tasker seems to be the best solution, though it is a little complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Smart monitor lite watches data and wifi and has a reset
    Thanks! I'm using that now, but it doesn't have an auto reset for stats - I have to do it manually.

Also doesn't have a widget =[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links