GPS Navigation in Canada?

This is a discussion on GPS Navigation in Canada? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; DO you have wifi location services turned on? Check the Locations & Security tab to ensure wifi and gps are enables. Otherwise try giving it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS Navigation in Canada?

DO you have wifi location services turned on? Check the Locations & Security tab to ensure wifi and gps are enables. Otherwise try giving it some time. If you've never had a location fix before, it takes a while for all the ephemeris and constellation data to download.

I also had an issue once where I couldn't get any GPS connection at all and it seemed due to a "flight mode" widget I put on the desktop. So perhaps there's some software conflict too? Hard to say but check the wifi settings first - you should get a rough position.

thank you jonno --i tried out your recommendations, but still nothing. my gps icon still keeps flashing and the phone is unable to determine my location. it always worked for me while in the US. can't get it to work in canada --are there any other settingst that i ought to fiddle with?

Quote Originally Posted by Ydavid View Post
    thank you jonno --i tried out your recommendations, but still nothing. my gps icon still keeps flashing and the phone is unable to determine my location. it always worked for me while in the US. can't get it to work in canada --are there any other settingst that i ought to fiddle with?
    Just to clarify, it worked on WiFi for GPS in the states? Or did you have a data plan there?
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

when i was in the states i had a data plan. i was under the impression the that satelite chip runs the gps in teh N1 and not some sort of cell tower triangulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links