GPS Navigation in Canada?

This is a discussion on GPS Navigation in Canada? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i'm in canada using my N1 on Wifi and i'm not able to access any of the GPS navigation tools. is there a reason for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Navigation in Canada?

Question GPS Navigation in Canada?

i'm in canada using my N1 on Wifi and i'm not able to access any of the GPS navigation tools. is there a reason for this? how do i get it working? PLEASE HELP!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i think on wifi you are inside a building or something like this, may be you need to navigate outside the building to get the gps signals, or please illustrate more your condition.

thanks, but i've tried being outside within a wifi zone and i'm still not getting any navigation capabilities. any other thoughts? anybody able to use navigation on their US Nexus1 in canada?

do you have the gps sign blinking or steady on.

yes, the gps icon is on and it shows as though it's working.

Still a vague question. I'm in Canada and navigation works fine. Do you have the latest Google Maps app that supports Canada?

thank you jonno2k. i just recently moved to canada from the US. my carrier in the US was T-mobile. I have the unlocked version of the N1. i haven't yet picked up a carrier in Canada. for now i'm just using the phone with wifi, but i'm not able to get any of the gps navigation functionality working. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ydavid View Post
    thank you jonno2k. i just recently moved to canada from the US. my carrier in the US was T-mobile. I have the unlocked version of the N1. i haven't yet picked up a carrier in Canada. for now i'm just using the phone with wifi, but i'm not able to get any of the gps navigation functionality working. any thoughts?
    Yes: "Do you have the latest Google Maps app that supports Canada?" Navigation in Canada was added not all that long ago.

I've installed the the updates on Google maps and it still says "Your current location is temporarily unavailable."
    Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ydavid View Post
    I've installed the the updates on Google maps and it still says "Your current location is temporarily unavailable."
    Any other thoughts?
    You need a data plan in order to get map images.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links