Help: My N1 full with water
This is a discussion on Help: My N1 full with water within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I know it's going to be seriously difficult not to try and turn the phone on. It's human nature to want to see if it's ...
I know it's going to be seriously difficult not to try and turn the phone on. It's human nature to want to see if it's still alive!
I've actually baked phones in the oven before (lowest possible oven setting, battery out, directly on the rack) and they've come back to life like a charm. Although, I wonder whether this would work for the N1..I worry that the large screen might melt or something.
I'll second the bag of rice trick. Also, having a fan directly on it overnight helps also. (That's what I did when I dumped a hot mug of tea on my laptop, which I'm typing on right now!)
It's only natural to turn the thing on to see if it works. But don't do it. Keep it off while it dries out. Air, blower, whatever. Probably safest is to put it into a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours, minimum. I'd pull the battery, cards, take back off, and leave off while in the rice.
:nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:
Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!
I could be wrong, but AFAIK, water itself doesn't really damage much. It's the short circuits that the water permits that cause the damage. Therefore, as other people have said, if you only turn it on after it's completely dry, it should be fine.
Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"
Originally Posted by seaman
Put it a Big bowl of Rice for 3 Days. Good to Go
Had this happen to my old Omnia. Thought I would leave it for dead in my dresser drawer, battery out. Lo and behold the phone raised itself from the dead months down the road.
Cyanogen 6.1 w/ Wildmonks Kernel OC @ 1152