Zip Files

This is a discussion on Zip Files within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have ringtone zip files on my home page on my laptop. I have moved them to my phone by way of awesome drop. How ...

Thread: Zip Files

Zip Files

I have ringtone zip files on my home page on my laptop. I have moved them to my phone by way of awesome drop. How do I open the zip files to be able to use them as ringtones???
    Thank you
    Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check out Andexplorer from the Market
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC2

I have estrong file explorer. I made a seperate folder for just phone ring tones and the files I got from this website I believe were zip files. When I clicked on them the message said my music player does not support it. I use the stock music player. I entered the files using dropbox. What am I doing wrong. Do I need to convert the files to mp3 for music or ringtones? HELP.
    Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I have estrong file explorer. I made a seperate folder for just phone ring tones and the files I got from this website I believe were zip files. When I clicked on them the message said my music player does not support it. I use the stock music player. I entered the files using dropbox. What am I doing wrong. Do I need to convert the files to mp3 for music or ringtones? HELP.
    Vinny
    What format are they in?

MP3s will prob do the trick.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I would also like to know what format they're in.

I don't think that the N1 requires ringtones to be in MP3 format in order for them to work..I have tons of tones that aren't and they work like a charm. Unless they're something really bizarre, that is. Anyways, your music player will probably tell you it can't play it, it did the same for me, but that doesn't mean your phone can't use them.

Are they in the right location? Have you tried setting them as tones after unzipping?

ringtones should be placed in
    /sdcard/media/Ringtones
    to be recognized as tones (I have my ringtone placed in that folder and is mp3)
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC2

Although, you should also add a folder titled "alarm" and "notifications" otherwise your phone won't recognize it.

I tore my hair out for hours trying to figure it all out before finding that simple fix. Don't know why the phone needs it, but it does.

I should have mentioned that these were going to my G2 not my Nexus One. The ringtone files were .zip from this website. I downloaded them thru dropbox and when I tapped on them the message stated that my player did not recognize that file. I tried another fiile that was called (facebook_ringtone_pop.m4a) no problem this file went thru wthout any issues. Te G2 is basicly froyo 2.2 without the tethering ability.
    Thanks for any help
    Vinny

Vinny, I assume you understand a .zip file is a compressed file. You need to unpack the contents of the .zip files to be able to use them. As the poster above noted, estrongs file explorer (my favorite), and Astro file explorer both have this capability.

Download the .zip file
    Select them in your file explorer and unpack them.
    Move the unpacked (.mp3 ?) files to your sdcard/media/ringtones folder.

You should be all set.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links