My Nexus Was Stolen :/

This is a discussion on My Nexus Was Stolen :/ within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hmm i am very sorry to hear about that!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Nexus Was Stolen :/

hmm i am very sorry to hear about that!

After hearing all the features Mobile Defense has I dont know why I never installed but I defintely learned my lesson from this incident & thanks for recommending M.D. specifically
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]

Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

And Today is a Sad day... So I finally heard back from Assurion and like I feared that since the Nexus One is no longer being offered to consumers outright they can't give me another one at all & like i feared again the first phone they offered to replace it with was a MyTouch lol There was no way I was downgrading from me paying 500+ for the Nexus when it was available. They then offered me a Garmin Phone.. I wanted to laugh at them soo hard but I was able to contain myself. I asked if they were any other options? He put me on hold and said there are only 2 more we can offer. The 1st a Motorola Cliq (Thats definitely a Hell No) or the Samsung Vibrant so I definitely felt the Vibrant was the best out of all my options and to make things worse... Theyre out of stock so i have to wait anywhere from 3 to 7 business days to recieve it. Now when the phone actually ships depending on how much I like the Vibrant I honestly might do a trade or sell to get a used Nexus from somewhere. I like our phones that much but well just see. Bottom line, If you love your Nexus, know where it is all times because if its lost or stolen you wont be getting one back from insurance
    R.I.P. Nexus..

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    you can try to suggest the G2 as it's a new phone that might not show as an option yet. It never hurts to ask.
    Androidfied.

I actually tried to slide the G2 in the options but he said since I actually didnt buy the G2 it wouldnt count im guessing due to the fact its still such a new release
    R.I.P. Nexus..

G2 has some well-known issues. False on board memory as well as loose hinges. When/if you purchase another Android device, you need to install a tracking/virus application.

This allows you to track your device with maps and coordinates. HIGHLY useful.

Sorry to hear that you're Nexus was stolen.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Miko, that sucks that they won't give you a comparable phone. How about a Samsung Galaxy? I think the specs on it are pretty close to our N1's.

Back to the Mobile Defense program... I'd also recommend it to anyone for saftey reasons. For instance, my wife also has a Nexus One and there have been times I couldn't get in touch with her and started to worry. I was able to logon to the Mobile Defense website and track her down. Even though she wasn't answering, I could see she was at least where she said she would be. If, heaven forbid, something bad ever happened, this would be the first thing I could do before calling the cops.

Good luck Miko!

I know this won't help....

When you lose your phone.. i mean use your other phone from some1 to call your phone (i hope u got ringtone) the chance if he/she didnt take out the battery. Then you mgiht hear your ringtone...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    G2 has some well-known issues. False on board memory as well as loose hinges. When/if you purchase another Android device, you need to install a tracking/virus application.

This allows you to track your device with maps and coordinates. HIGHLY useful.
    Sorry to hear that you're Nexus was stolen.
    Yea I saw a video on the hinges and low memory so i was a little iffy on the G2 but i still think thats the best current phone Tmobile offers at the moment. I just hope something close to the Nexus' power & functionality comes to Tmobile this fall or early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    Miko, that sucks that they won't give you a comparable phone. How about a Samsung Galaxy? I think the specs on it are pretty close to our N1's.

Back to the Mobile Defense program... I'd also recommend it to anyone for saftey reasons. For instance, my wife also has a Nexus One and there have been times I couldn't get in touch with her and started to worry. I was able to logon to the Mobile Defense website and track her down. Even though she wasn't answering, I could see she was at least where she said she would be. If, heaven forbid, something bad ever happened, this would be the first thing I could do before calling the cops.

Good luck Miko!
    Yea thats the one I ordered from Assurion. Theyre out of stock at the moment so i have to wait for a new shipment & i saw some video reviews of the phone and its a pretty descent phone. Definitelly gonna have to mod it though lol. I can tell i wont like Touch Wiz (Samsungs UI) and Our Trackball Notifications were the best!!! Im gonna miss that the most haha & yea I have no clue why i never installed Mobile Defense like an idiot but its too late now. I know next time for sure And thanks man.. long live the Nexus even if i dont have mine anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Aznmask View Post
    I know this won't help....

When you lose your phone.. i mean use your other phone from some1 to call your phone (i hope u got ringtone) the chance if he/she didnt take out the battery. Then you mgiht hear your ringtone...
    Oh trust me we did that like 10x that night. But i did announce that the phone was stolen to everyone. I should have just cut the music and had someone call it out of nowhere and if they didnt think to turn it off or lower the volume they might have got caught red handed but alcohol just messed up everything for me that night lol
    R.I.P. Nexus..

Totally sucks man. I makes sure my Nexus never leaves me! Beating a dead horse, but get Mobile defense!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links