My Nexus Was Stolen :/

This is a discussion on My Nexus Was Stolen :/ within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by DumbUglyDragon Totally sucks man. I makes sure my Nexus never leaves me! Beating a dead horse, but get Mobile defense!!! It really ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: My Nexus Was Stolen :/

  1. #21
    Junior Member Miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbUglyDragon View Post
    Totally sucks man. I makes sure my Nexus never leaves me! Beating a dead horse, but get Mobile defense!!!
    It really does bro & definitely keep that mindset but Mobile Defense is rule #1 for me when it comes to Android from here on out
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]
    ___________________________________

    Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

  2. #22
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    Speaking of replacement....

    Has anyone seen the new Motorola Bravo/ Defy

    Motorola BRAVO vs. Motorola DEFY - GSMArena.com

    Now there's a phone i WOULD Root!!

    To remove Moto Blur to say the least

  3. #23
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    just wondering, does mobile defense put an icon on the home screen? or after it's installed, is this done through a desktop/laptop connection. just asking b/c i can log onto the website from home, but dont see an icon on my phone

  4. #24
    Junior Member Miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    just wondering, does mobile defense put an icon on the home screen? or after it's installed, is this done through a desktop/laptop connection. just asking b/c i can log onto the website from home, but dont see an icon on my phone
    Hey I actually saw a video review of this app on youtube & no thats the beauty of this app. Its stored on your phone but its hidden deep inside your SD card & theres no way of it showing up so if your phone is stolen or lost they cant just go in & delete the app To see what i mean just head to youtube & type "Mobile Defense Android" and the video should show up from AppJudgement
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]
    ___________________________________

    Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

  5. #25
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    just wondering, does mobile defense put an icon on the home screen? or after it's installed, is this done through a desktop/laptop connection. just asking b/c i can log onto the website from home, but dont see an icon on my phone
    Hey I actually saw a video review of this app on youtube & no thats the beauty of this app. Its stored on your phone but its hidden deep inside your SD card & theres no way of it showing up so if your phone is stolen or lost they cant just go in & delete the app To see what i mean just head to youtube & type "Mobile Defense Android" and the video should show up from AppJudgement

    nice, i did some playing around and redownloaded it just in case and then i saw it's buried deep in settings, had to go to all apps and saw it was there. the location tracker is pretty good, even with gps on. i guess after it sends you a text it triangulates your position

  6. #26
    Senior Member dragongunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    504
    Sorry to hear that your phone was stolen. Good luck with the new phone selection.

    I have been using "Lookout" for my N1 since its birth and it seems to be working just fine. I never heard of Mobile Defense until I read this thread.

    I have read on MD and it seems to be a top quality product and I will give it a try once they begin to accept new users again to see how it stacks up with Lookout.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

    DragonGunner

  7. #27
    Junior Member Miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Sorry to hear that your phone was stolen. Good luck with the new phone selection.

    I have been using "Lookout" for my N1 since its birth and it seems to be working just fine. I never heard of Mobile Defense until I read this thread.

    I have read on MD and it seems to be a top quality product and I will give it a try once they begin to accept new users again to see how it stacks up with Lookout.
    Yea it sux but lesson learned after this so thats a positive & I had never heard of it all also till i started this thread but when I recieve my next android device if MD still isnt accepting, I'll definitely give Lookout a try.
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]
    ___________________________________

    Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

  8. #28
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    +1 for lookout

    Plus lookout doubles as an antivirus so your safe from it being stolen/lost and from viruses.

    And sorry to here about your N1 being stolen total bumer.

  9. #29
    Senior Member dragongunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    504
    Are you even considering buying another Nexus One? Some online stores still have them, although a tad bit more expensive. If money is not an option it is what I would do in a heartbeat. I would scour the world for another N1 (I love it that much).

    I am sure you know of many sites but here is one that I have used twice and always got what I ordered and within a reasonable time frame (as I said a bit more expensive, just depends on how much you want another N1). Oh and after reading rooting probs with the G2.....I dont know.

    HTC GOOGLE NEXUS ONE (Base Pack) Wifi/HSDPA/Strereo Bluetooth Enabled Smartphone on Android 2.1 O.S. with 5Mbpixel AF Cam, GPS, Google Search, Maps, Youtube, Facebook, Gmail - Factory Unlocked*::*HTC*::*By Brand*::*Unlocked GSM World Cellular Phones,
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

    DragonGunner

  10. #30
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Well if you can go without your nexus one for a little while you can probably get one on eBay for a little cheaper than that like mine I got (after they stopped being available on Google’s web store) it for 600.00 USD plus shipping but it took a little while to find one at a lower price.
    But if you don`t want to wait 650.00 is about the same as average on eBay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

find stolen nexus 4
,

how to locate my google nexus

,
how to track my stolen nexus
,
how to track nexus 4 stolen
,
i lost my nexus 4 what do i do
,
locate google nexus
,
locate my nexus
,
locate my nexus 4
,
lost nexus 4 google phone track location
,

my nexus was stolen

,
nexus 4 stolen
,
nexus phone stolen
,

stolen nexus 4

,
track stolen nexus 4
,
trackme nexus
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum