Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I do not have a developer version of the Nexus One. Will Google allow peasants like me to download 2.3?...

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

I do not have a developer version of the Nexus One. Will Google allow peasants like me to download 2.3?

Eventually, yes.
    But it will be available on the forums before then... :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I thought the Nexus One was a developers phone....So wouldn't everyone with a nexus one get the update??

And if not how do you tell if you have a developers phone or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    I thought the Nexus One was a developers phone....So wouldn't everyone with a nexus one get the update??

And if not how do you tell if you have a developers phone or not?
    Can I hack my phone to make it a developers phone?

@AndroidMad I don't know. I don't understand this whole Nexus regular phone vs Developer phone. I thought all Nexus Ones were developer phones :-/.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    @AndroidMad I don't know. I don't understand this whole Nexus regular phone vs Developer phone. I thought all Nexus Ones were developer phones :-/.
    I don't know either! I bought the Nexus One because I wanted the latest software releases, I don't even care if there are a few bugs left over.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm fine with the multi touch improvements. The same games that sucked on stock and CM6 was vastly improved on MIUI. I can only speak from personal experience. So maybe case by case. But even zooming does not jump like it used to.
    Could you try a test for me? Get this free game

Air Hockey: EM ~ Android Game v1.1.1 By Ellis Markov | Arcade & Action

put it in two player mode, and see if the bug happens? I am running FRG83 on AT&T via the last OTA update (never rooted) and it definitely fails the test.

Thanks!

It is sporadic so I would guess it not fixed, of the programming sucks onthe app. Iono, I know for games like FIFA and Gangstar I don't have those issues with multitouch as I did prior. But Beer Goggles said it best that it will not be perfect since it's not true Multitouch.

As for the 2.2 to 2.2.1 to get 2.3 I would imagine your phone MAY need but I don't know. Your guess is as good as mines.

As for the Developers questions, I'm sure Google knows which phones are Developers phone Via the IMEI numbers. So they may just send it to those IMEI numbers first. It's no different when they did the Media leaks of 2.2 to just the Media who had Nexus One phones. But it won't matter cause once it's leaked out, someone will post the link to download it. Now whether you have to be rooted or not to get it, I don't know. All I know is I'm rooted, so I'm ready :rofl3:

As for the question for Maps and Apps update, I would imagine you may not need to update, but there's may be features that won't work unless update is required. Cause you have to remember Maps App also controls the Navigation App and Places app.
    Androidfied.

my $0.02 - Our Carrier Free Unlocked versions of N1 should get them first ... we all wait for ginger... perhaps 111110 (up)date was too soon ?

Where s ma Ginger Bread

Ok its the 11th No Updates where are they. Only got this phone as to get the updates first. or was it all a big lie.

Quote Originally Posted by freehighlander View Post
    Ok its the 11th No Updates where are they. Only got this phone as to get the updates first. or was it all a big lie.
    LOL its 6.38am EST time, and only 3.38am at Google HQ! Patience!

I understand though, I want my gingerbread goodies!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links