Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by FlyingsCool Guys, all the news is saying that Gingerbread is being readied for delivery to DEVELOPER phones, not the standard N1's. I'm ...

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Guys, all the news is saying that Gingerbread is being readied for delivery to DEVELOPER phones, not the standard N1's. I'm not expecting Gb on my phone till December.

What the heck is in Gingerbread anyway. Without knowing that, I don't even care WHEN it comes. What are you guys all expecting here?
    An entire UI overhaul.

Well, it said on the Android Market Website that these are the developer phones.

Although the name of the first one is off putting, Android Dev Phone 2.

Take a look at their web pages:

It says is out of stock, however, look at the N1:

You can still purchase one. I thought they were out of stock.

Why in the gingerbread thread?

Anyway I seriously drought this because an android dev phone running 1.6 sounds like a load to me unless this is an old phone that I am not aware of that came out a long time ago (like before the N1) other than that don`t think it exists.

Once again what does this have to do with gingerbread?

Guys, all the news is saying that Gingerbread is being readied for delivery to DEVELOPER phones, not the standard N1's. I'm not expecting Gb on my phone till December.

What the heck is in Gingerbread anyway. Without knowing that, I don't even care WHEN it comes. What are you guys all expecting here?
    Would that mean if folks are registered as a dev on the google site that they would be included, because as far as I know there is no difference in a dev phone vs everyone else's.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post

Would that mean if folks are registered as a dev on the google site that they would be included, because as far as I know there is no difference in a dev phone vs everyone else's.
    you are correct sir. if it comes to the dev phones it will be manually available very soon after, like within hours. Also there is talk of an announcement tomorrow at the web 2.0 conference
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post

you are correct sir. if it comes to the dev phones it will be manually available very soon after, like within hours. Also there is talk of an announcement tomorrow at the web 2.0 conference
    Do you mean talk as in another supposed release date cause these fake dates are starting to get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

An entire UI overhaul.
    Hmm, I guess I gotta say I'm not impressed then.

Better performance and more functionality would be interesting. I'm happy with the UI as is. What I certainly don't want is a new UI and less functionality or performance (like in the latest Google Maps updates) for what I do with the phone. I really don't care about letting people know where I am with my phone. I don't understand why that is such a focus of development right now.

What I meant by my previous quote was that people shouldn't expect an OTA update unless they have a registered developer phone (i.e. the ones Google gave out is my understanding).

The rumors about a UI overhaul are not true.

Gingerbread will look something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Why in the gingerbread thread?

Anyway I seriously drought this because an android dev phone running 1.6 sounds like a load to me unless this is an old phone that I am not aware of that came out a long time ago (like before the N1) other than that don`t think it exists.

Once again what does this have to do with gingerbread?

dude, the post before mine said that it will deliver to developer phones, I just wanted to point out that the N1 could be considered as a developer phone since it shows up as one on the android developer website.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post

Where can I find more info on this conference? is that a google hosted event?

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links