Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alzakx Originally Posted by johnny cizzle Originally Posted by dragongunner Would that mean if folks are registered as a dev on the ...

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post

Would that mean if folks are registered as a dev on the google site that they would be included, because as far as I know there is no difference in a dev phone vs everyone else's.
    you are correct sir. if it comes to the dev phones it will be manually available very soon after, like within hours. Also there is talk of an announcement tomorrow at the web 2.0 conference
    Where can I find more info on this conference? is that a google hosted event?
    Gingerbread announcement Monday at Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco? | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Why in the gingerbread thread?

Anyway I seriously drought this because an android dev phone running 1.6 sounds like a load to me unless this is an old phone that I am not aware of that came out a long time ago (like before the N1) other than that don`t think it exists.

Once again what does this have to do with gingerbread?

dude, the post before mine said that it will deliver to developer phones, I just wanted to point out that the N1 could be considered as a developer phone since it shows up as one on the android developer website.
    Ok sorry just the thing is it is suppose to go to the nexus one developers version first witch just means that you are registered as a developer in the website. It does not mean that it will go to all developer`s phones.

Hmmmm, if that's the case then Google wants developers to test their apps on the newer Android. However, I believe the Gingerbread SDK was released a while back, so developers could write software for the newer version when it finally came out. Even if Gingerbread is still not available to anyone, I guess developers can still emulate the OS on their development environments and test their apps there.
    Does someone know if the same happened with Froyo? First released to registered developers on the Andriod Market and then to the general public?

I mean, if they release it to developers, how would they know they own a developer phone? What if I'm a registered developer but I have an EVO, would they still release it to me? I know for a fact that the Android Market Developer Account ties up to your Google Account, but what if I own 2 separate Google Accounts, one as developer and one for my N1 phone?

There's too much paths to go, so my best guess is that they will release it to N1 users in general, which could be considered as a developer phone.

Hmmmm, if that's the case then Google wants developers to test their apps on the newer Android. However, I believe the Gingerbread SDK was released a while back, so developers could write software for the newer version when it finally came out. Even if Gingerbread is still not available to anyone, I guess developers can still emulate the OS on their development environments and test their apps there.
    Does someone know if the same happened with Froyo? First released to registered developers on the Andriod Market and then to the general public?

I mean, if they release it to developers, how would they know they own a developer phone? What if I'm a registered developer but I have an EVO, would they still release it to me? I know for a fact that the Android Market Developer Account ties up to your Google Account, but what if I own 2 separate Google Accounts, one as developer and one for my N1 phone?

There's too much paths to go, so my best guess is that they will release it to N1 users in general, which could be considered as a developer phone.
    It will almost definitely go to select nexuses first
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post

It will almost definitely go to select nexuses first

With Froyo they released it to phones based on their IMEI, but I remember that you could download it and upgrade yourself, which I did, because I didn't wanted to wait any longer. Hopefully they'll do the same this time.

And I'm pissed that I wasted by battery life these past nights waiting for it.

Hey! Let's attend the live broadcast of the Web 2.0 Summit today where we expect to hear some announcements from Google's CEO Eric Schmidt. He will be speaking first at 2:35 PM PST today.

Live Stream: Web 2.0 Summit 2010 - Co-produced by UBM TechWeb & O'Reilly Conferences, November 15 - 17, 2010, San Francisco, CA.

Hopefully he will say something about Gingerbread or the Nexus 2.

Eric Schmidt confirms on the Web 2.0 Summit that Gingerbread will release in the following weeks.

He also had a sexy new device in his hand called the Nexus S ;-)

And he made it clear that it was not the Nexus 2, it was the Nexus S.

My son brought me his book to read to him. I think its a SIGN of things to come. I thought it was cute.

Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links