Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Man, I'm really surprised that there aren't any leaked info or builds of Gingerbread yet. I remember when froyo was coming, there was a lot ...

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Man, I'm really surprised that there aren't any leaked info or builds of Gingerbread yet. I remember when froyo was coming, there was a lot of info and leaks. Either Gingerbread is behind schedule or Google is doing a good job keeping it tight-lipped.

Anyways....the weather is getting cooler....the holidays are coming....this would be a perfect time for some Gingerbread!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Man, I'm really surprised that there aren't any leaked info or builds of Gingerbread yet. I remember when froyo was coming, there was a lot of info and leaks. Either Gingerbread is behind schedule or Google is doing a good job keeping it tight-lipped.

Anyways....the weather is getting cooler....the holidays are coming....this would be a perfect time for some Gingerbread!

I'm thinking the latter because Motorola from past news of the next Droid is shipping with GB so they gotta have the codes somewhere, but keeping it very secure. They probably don't want a fiasco like with Froyo. That was insanely crazy. The whining and complaining that went off was crazy. I'm thinking it gotta be soon because I'm think you're gonna need GB to function with GTV, (my prediction) so I'm thinking the two will come out at fairly the same time.

Plus HTC is already talking about releasing a tablet with GB. There's gotta be something that will break through the ice in the coming days/week for GB hopefully. Realistically, I'm think November. Even with the holidays, I don't think MFR will be able to push out any products quick enough except for Verizon. BASTARDS.

And I will be stalking like an eagle for it's prey.

This board will EXPLODE nuclear. I will be on my MOD game.
    Androidfied.

My problem is how we are going to get gingerbread? If they are doing a "UI Overhaul" wouldn't the file be too big for an OTA? And with no official N1 site out how is google going to communicate with us and send us a link to download and install it on our own computer?

Anyway I thinking gingerbread would be announced Late Oct/Early Nov. But won't be on phones officially to Dec. Google like to tie their desert names with the seasons so they can say corny stuff like "The holiday is just around the corner hopefully some gingerbread is in your near future :-)".

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    My problem is how we are going to get gingerbread? If they are doing a "UI Overhaul" wouldn't the file be too big for an OTA? And with no official N1 site out how is google going to communicate with us and send us a link to download and install it on our own computer?

Anyway I thinking gingerbread would be announced Late Oct/Early Nov. But won't be on phones officially to Dec. Google like to tie their desert names with the seasons so they can say corny stuff like "The holiday is just around the corner hopefully some gingerbread is in your near future :-)".

There's no reason why we wouldn't. I can't see the OTA being no bigger than what Froyo was, to be honest. I agree halfly with you though, I don't think Google is going to announce anything, cause that's how they shot themselves in the foot in June/July. I think they will finish first, work the bugs out, and announce a date, or just suprise us for Christmas.
    Androidfied.

Hope they release the code early enough so the devs can start incorporating it in their ROMS.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

If I post this this thread I will most certainly have to unsubscribe
    :rofl3: :nexusx:

Looking forward to gingerbread. If they change the ui I hope its not like miui!
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

I 2nd Dragon's proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Looking forward to gingerbread. If they change the ui I hope its not like miui!
    Yes, I'm not a huge fan of it either.

^^ Please Google! I would like some GB before christmas!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I felt that same way about MIUI. The icons don't bother me anymore. I fixed the apps in golfers to better streamline my screen and threw my widgets in place. I was OC at 1113 but was getting random reboots. Scaled down to 107 and flawless since. It will take something gray for me to bail on it

Like GINGERBREAD!
    Androidfied.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links