Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by johnny cizzle I've been around for every android update since cupcake when we had no video player. I was excited about them ...

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    I've been around for every android update since cupcake when we had no video player. I was excited about them all because there were some serious added benefits. I am not even a little excited about this one. Why should I be?
    I don`t know but I am cause its my first update (other than frg83). I didn`t get froyo cause I bought the phone used and he updated for me. That is the only reason that I am excited.

I guess I am excited about what may come out with gingerbread but if its more of a ui change than anything then it gets less exciting. Dev's have been coming out with some really nice roms as of late and I really don't know how Google can make anything too much better. In my opinion Google should hire some of these really talented dev's to create stuff for them (maybe they do...)
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Angry

I've been waiting for a rooted poster to tell me if I need to do the recent updates to Froyo. I keep looking after installing nightlies and RC's for Google upgrades to Froyo to appear. Am I supposed to flash install them?

When I updated to CM 6.1 RC 2, and included Gapps in the download it downloaded an older version of GAPPS (pre October 2010). When I downloaded last night's nightlies I installed it with the latest GAPPS and it seems to be OK. However I think it uses the battery faster.

Also I can't figure out how to access that FM radio that's mentioned as available.

I've not been able to locate the answers by doing searches on several forums, however the search words may been wrong.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I've been waiting for a rooted poster to tell me if I need to do the recent updates to Froyo. I keep looking after installing nightlies and RC's for Google upgrades to Froyo to appear. Am I supposed to flash install them?

When I updated to CM 6.1 RC 2, and included Gapps in the download it downloaded an older version of GAPPS (pre October 2010). When I downloaded last night's nightlies I installed it with the latest GAPPS and it seems to be OK. However I think it uses the battery faster.

Also I can't figure out how to access that FM radio that's mentioned as available.

I've not been able to locate the answers by doing searches on several forums, however the search words may been wrong.
    Perhaps if you were to post in the Correct Section/Thread, Your question would be answered quicker.

Not really sure What you mean by Froyo Updates...If you flashed CM6.1 RC2 then you already have the updates.

The FM radio needs Headphones plugged in to work.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

where can i manually update to 2.2.1 ?

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread. Posted here because I thought the latest updates (to 83D) were in preparation for or preliminary to the Gingerbread update. Perhaps I misread. That part still isn't clear to me. I have been concerned that I haven't received it OTA and perhaps I needed it to go to Gingerbread.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

No offense intended but, How come you cannot wait?
    What is Gingerbread giving us?

I'm happy with the current interface, and not sure I like the new one.
    For instance, I like that the current bar on the bottom is translucent. I don't like the new one as it appears to be opaque.
    What's wrong with the white top bar? Does a white top bar use more energy so the battery will last longer with the black bar? Significantly longer?

What is so great about Gingerbread? I haven't heard of any compelling updates that make me care.

In fact, the number of apps that I'm not updating to new versions is piling up. It seems bloatiness and poor design is creeping in.

For instance, why did they add a permanent button bar to Google Maps? Why can't I turn it off if I don't want it. It's a phone, not a 1920 x 1200 screen. I want the least crap on my screen as possible. I'm not updating Maps until the button bar is an option. 4.4 works fine for me and does everything I need.

omg, you and search bar on maps. i think you should make that your signature.

ive read on this forum and numerous others, the white status bar leaves burn in, so i guess that's why it's being changed

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    The bar at the bottom is very blocky... and lacks texture...

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links