Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A faded black bar would be number one for me. I like the fact that they added in some color (green) on phone, browser icons ...

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

A faded black bar would be number one for me.

I like the fact that they added in some color (green) on phone, browser icons and on the status bar for the battery.

what's the difference between the new battery status and the old status? looks like they just put it upright instead of sideways now

It was just an example of one thing they turned green in the status bar.

I was not overly impressed with how it "looks". If that is all they will do to the UI then MIUI is leap years beyond what google will put out in GB. Perhaps Honeycomb will be the one to be really excited about (?).
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Blah....Bring on the Nexus S and Honeycomb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    No offense intended but, How come you cannot wait?
    What is Gingerbread giving us?

I'm happy with the current interface, and not sure I like the new one.
    For instance, I like that the current bar on the bottom is translucent. I don't like the new one as it appears to be opaque.
    What's wrong with the white top bar? Does a white top bar use more energy so the battery will last longer with the black bar? Significantly longer?

What is so great about Gingerbread? I haven't heard of any compelling updates that make me care.

In fact, the number of apps that I'm not updating to new versions is piling up. It seems bloatiness and poor design is creeping in.

For instance, why did they add a permanent button bar to Google Maps? Why can't I turn it off if I don't want it. It's a phone, not a 1920 x 1200 screen. I want the least crap on my screen as possible. I'm not updating Maps until the button bar is an option. 4.4 works fine for me and does everything I need.
    t

I'm with you man. Ginger is suppose to add video calling...pffft
    Allot of good that will do when OTA'd out to a N1 :rofl3:

Why not give us something that we can use like taking "panoramic" pictures???

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    I was not overly impressed with how it "looks". If that is all they will do to the UI then MIUI is leap years beyond what google will put out in GB. Perhaps Honeycomb will be the one to be really excited about (?).

This.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    omg, you and search bar on maps. i think you should make that your signature.

ive read on this forum and numerous others, the white status bar leaves burn in, so i guess that's why it's being changed
    Yep, and I'm going to keep b ****ing about it till they fix it.

But, really, my main comment was 1. What the heck is in Gingerbread and why should I care, and 2. I am finding developers creating more bloated rather than more truly efficient enhancements.

MIUI + launcherpro looks much better than what I'm seeing at the moment. Plus with MIUI pushing out updates so often, GB will need to step up the game!!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    No offense intended but, How come you cannot wait?
    What is Gingerbread giving us?

I'm happy with the current interface, and not sure I like the new one.
    For instance, I like that the current bar on the bottom is translucent. I don't like the new one as it appears to be opaque.
    What's wrong with the white top bar? Does a white top bar use more energy so the battery will last longer with the black bar? Significantly longer?

What is so great about Gingerbread? I haven't heard of any compelling updates that make me care.

In fact, the number of apps that I'm not updating to new versions is piling up. It seems bloatiness and poor design is creeping in.

For instance, why did they add a permanent button bar to Google Maps? Why can't I turn it off if I don't want it. It's a phone, not a 1920 x 1200 screen. I want the least crap on my screen as possible. I'm not updating Maps until the button bar is an option. 4.4 works fine for me and does everything I need.
    t

I'm with you man. Ginger is suppose to add video calling...pffft
    Allot of good that will do when OTA'd out to a N1 :rofl3:

Why not give us something that we can use like taking "panoramic" pictures???
    I can't wait because I love my phone, every update excites me.

No offense taken at all, after all, a permanent bar in the Maps application is SUCH a big deal right?
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links