Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Batman Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor Originally Posted by FlyingsCool No offense intended but, How come you cannot wait? What is Gingerbread ...

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

No offense intended but, How come you cannot wait?
    What is Gingerbread giving us?

I'm happy with the current interface, and not sure I like the new one.
    For instance, I like that the current bar on the bottom is translucent. I don't like the new one as it appears to be opaque.
    What's wrong with the white top bar? Does a white top bar use more energy so the battery will last longer with the black bar? Significantly longer?

What is so great about Gingerbread? I haven't heard of any compelling updates that make me care.

In fact, the number of apps that I'm not updating to new versions is piling up. It seems bloatiness and poor design is creeping in.

For instance, why did they add a permanent button bar to Google Maps? Why can't I turn it off if I don't want it. It's a phone, not a 1920 x 1200 screen. I want the least crap on my screen as possible. I'm not updating Maps until the button bar is an option. 4.4 works fine for me and does everything I need.
    t

I'm with you man. Ginger is suppose to add video calling...pffft
    Allot of good that will do when OTA'd out to a N1 :rofl3:

Why not give us something that we can use like taking "panoramic" pictures???
    I can't wait because I love my phone, every update excites me.

No offense taken at all, after all, a permanent bar in the Maps application is SUCH a big deal right?
    It is too me. And, hey, 4.4 is working perfectly for me.

The Notion ink blog has hinted that the 6th of December is "another big day for android"

6th December is another big day for Android and you will find out how fast Notion Ink can work. (Eden is extremely compatible with 2.3)
    I can't wait for the preorders! I've been following the blog closely hopefully I'm part of the "family!"
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

It's here according to engadget, I don't know anyone who has it though:

Android 2.3 update now rolling out to Nexus One owners -- Engadget
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Just read this on Guardian (UK newspaper) who have spoken with Dave Burke, head of smartphones in the UK for google:

Burke said that the 2.3 Gingerbread release will be available to owners of the Nexus One and other phones as an over-the-air update "within the next few weeks"

Google Nexus S launches in UK with Carphone Warehouse but without delivery date | Technology | guardian.co.uk

I'm sceptical that anyone is actually getting it already!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Few weeks away:
    http://androidcommunity.com/nexus-on...-yet-20101206/

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Of the new features included in 2.3 that I've seen so far I think I'm most excited about the new task manager that is included with the os. It seems Google has finally relented and given us a way to easily see what apps are running and quit the ones we choose to without the need for a third party app. I have to say that, despite the claims, I have definitely noticed my phone getting somewhat laggy and sluggish if I have several apps going at once. It will be nice to finally be able to close the ones I want.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm excited about tablet screen support and multiple camera support
    Androidfied.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I don't believe this posted but this gives details of the new OS

Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers
    Androidfied.

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

User Guide now available for Gingerbread http://static.googleusercontent.com/...sGuide-2.3.pdf

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links