Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth @aseems One word. Honeycomb @Iggy82 I'm gonna predict Monday tomorow. Thanks Old Friend... YOU give me hope... But I've read Honeycomb ...

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    @aseems One word. Honeycomb

@Iggy82 I'm gonna predict Monday tomorow.
    Thanks Old Friend... YOU give me hope... But I've read Honeycomb is tablet specific... will N1 even be given the OTA? or will our N1s be disowned by Google?

I predict 2.3 roll-out is on 25/Dec/2010 - Merry Christmas Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

Thanks Old Friend... YOU give me hope... But I've read Honeycomb is tablet specific... will N1 even be given the OTA? or will our N1s be disowned by Google?

I doubt Google gonna give N1 Honeycomb. After Nexus S released, Nexus One is gonna be an orphan to Google. Gingerbread is a last gift from Google to his first son, Nexus One.

Agree?

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

I doubt Google gonna give N1 Honeycomb. After Nexus S released, Nexus One is gonna be an orphan to Google. Gingerbread is a last gift from Google to his first son, Nexus One.

Agree?
    It's already been discussed that HC will be more a focus on Tablets. I think the next big update will be Ice Cream for phone Android. I believe Ice Cream will be the final chance Nexus will see updates from Google w/o it being rooted.

My android life has moved on to Tablets for 2011. I probably won't care about another phone till end of 2011. By that time Tegra 2 and Orion Dual Cores will be better supported. But by this time Quad Cores will be out already. The punishment of keeping up with technology
    Androidfied.

i dont understand people who want a tablet in place of a phone. i understand a tablet for work or at home, browsing on your couch. but the point of a phone for me is for it to fit in my pocket

I think that honeycomb is going to be mostly for tablets but it will also be released to phone and will have a few new add-ons. As far as Google forgetting about its first child, not anytime soon IMO cause in hardware other than front facing camera and NFC the nexus S has nothing over the nexus one (except the screen of coarse but this should not be a big influence on getting updates or not) so I think that Google will forget about us a little before it does the nexus S (like one update).

If GB is last update, then I will probably break down and root finally, but I think its a bit too soon for that. They have A LOT of inferier phones out there to support that would be dropped first. IMO
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I can't imagine that gb. Would be out last update. Until our hardware is outdated I believe we will continue to get updates.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I think we should enjoy the phone and the ride. I have that Bonnie and Clyde bond with my Nexus.
    Androidfied.

so any ideas on if n1 will receive 2.3 tmw? i'm surprised this thread is so dead

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    so any ideas on if n1 will receive 2.3 tmw? i'm surprised this thread is so dead
    No one knows that is why the thread is dead. We will just have to wait and see if we get gingerbread. I believe that if they don`t start rolling them out tomorrow it will be on x-mass day that they will.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links