Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; We're all just waiting for the Nexus S to officially be on sale and then the timer starts for official OTA'S or source located updates. ...

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

We're all just waiting for the Nexus S to officially be on sale and then the timer starts for official OTA'S or source located updates. Being first with 2.3 is huge for promotional and potential sales purposes so Google is keeping tight tabs on it. We're just spoiled having our N1's and the first release of upgrades. Gingerbread was tested primarily on N1's, so we'll see it first for non new release phones. Honeycomb is also nearing release, so additional patches will no doubt come along with that. Pure Android is gaining one new member to its exclusive club with the Nexus S, joining G1, Droid, Nexus One, & G2. I'm looking forward to it's release :nexusx:

I simply don't understand why they don't release Gingerbread to the N1. The NS is out now. There is nothing else to hide. I wonder if someone with a NS could pull the OS from it and make it available for us to manually update. I heard there there some ports of gingerbread already for some other devices.

What's the build number on the NS Gingerbread? I haven't seen anybody post that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    I simply don't understand why they don't release Gingerbread to the N1. The NS is out now. There is nothing else to hide. I wonder if someone with a NS could pull the OS from it and make it available for us to manually update. I heard there there some ports of gingerbread already for some other devices.
    If they release it to the n1 now think about how the android headlines would change. Everything you Reagan right now is about the s. When they put the update out to the n1 that will change. I imagine they want as much free advertising as possible before they put the update to other phones, so that the s has some exclusivity appeal. Just my thoughts on it
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    What's the build number on the NS Gingerbread? I haven't seen anybody post that yet.
    The build number is GRH55

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

Thanks Old Friend... YOU give me hope... But I've read Honeycomb is tablet specific... will N1 even be given the OTA? or will our N1s be disowned by Google?

I predict 2.3 roll-out is on 25/Dec/2010 - Merry Christmas Everyone!
    I doubt Google gonna give N1 Honeycomb. After Nexus S released, Nexus One is gonna be an orphan to Google. Gingerbread is a last gift from Google to his first son, Nexus One.

Agree?
    It's already been discussed that HC will be more a focus on Tablets. I think the next big update will be Ice Cream for phone Android. I believe Ice Cream will be the final chance Nexus will see updates from Google w/o it being rooted.

My android life has moved on to Tablets for 2011. I probably won't care about another phone till end of 2011. By that time Tegra 2 and Orion Dual Cores will be better supported. But by this time Quad Cores will be out already. The punishment of keeping up with technology
    I believe Ice-Cream will only for Nexus S or newer phone. Nexus one may not be able to handle icecream but always hope nexus one has unlimited update.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    The build number is GRH55
    Well then if my theory still holds, GRH55 is a Gingerbread and Honeycomb hybrid with some room to grow with the build number at 55. I'm thinking Ice Cream would be the last supported software. The NS isn't much beyond the N1 so they wouldn't orphan that so quickly quickly either. Wishing for a Nexus Duo. That wouldn't be a 2, but a dual core version. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    If they release it to the n1 now think about how the android headlines would change. Everything you Reagan right now is about the s. When they put the update out to the n1 that will change. I imagine they want as much free advertising as possible before they put the update to other phones, so that the s has some exclusivity appeal. Just my thoughts on it

Very good comment. You are totally right.

I think Google have to be careful though. Imagine if they released it after Christmas, I think most Nexus One owners would be seriously annoyed (myself being one of them) since we have 'Pure Google' phones already and have shown our loyalty and support to them by buying into Nexus One.

If they upset us N1 owners, then they could loose out because people would stop loving them as much and may be swayed to buy into the dark side (Apple!)
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

We wont be seeing a mass dual core cell phones till late next year, and i think it will be another year before google backs another phone, just like they did G1, nexus one, and now nexus s.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links