Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here is a little info on Gingerbread 3.0 from an interview Andy Rubin did with PC mag. Android 3.0, "Gingerbread" What are some of the ...

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Here is a little info on Gingerbread 3.0 from an interview Andy Rubin did with PC mag.

Android 3.0, "Gingerbread"

What are some of the themes and ideas that are going into the next version of Android?
    More forms of communication. I think social media is a form of communication. I think you would just talk about general improvements to the platform and make it faster and more robust. I think gaming is an area that I think is underserved right now. We're actually going through a reinvention of casual gaming. If you look at a console game like an XBOX or a PlayStation or a Nintendo, I think it's very, "sit down and try to get to the maximum level possible." On cell phones and devices that are battery operated, I think there's more kind of "what do you do in between the times when you're doing something?" It's more about running a game to fill time rather than running a game to be a dedicated event.
    If we were to carefully look at what new features and functionalities in the platform that we would need to support all forms of gaming across the entire spectrum, I think that would probably be an interesting thing to pay attention to. I think that more blending of the Web and native is probably interesting. If you look at things like HTML5 support, more features, more functionality, our browser right now is probably one of the best performing browsers on a mobile phone. It's the fastest, it's the smallest. We'll be adding more functionality to the browser to give it an updated user experience as well.

Its not much but it's something.
    For those who want to read the whole interview here is the link. He talks about OEM, Windows 7 and some other stuff...
    Exclusive Q&A: Google's Andy Rubin Talks Android | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I read the full interview and was REALLY dissapointed with Andy Rubin's response to the question "so when is Android going to integrate Gizmo VOIP into Google Voice?" Andy basically said the correct thing of "we don't want to piss off the wireless carriers so probably not." His response was def understandible since Android hasnt taken over yet and they want to expand it with the carriers help, but quite dissapointing since I think Google Voice / Gizmo VOIP could be the future of wireless telecommunications. You can set up Google Voice and sip programs currently but they just aren't as good as an official Google Voice / Gizmo app would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

I have my mind firmly planted in the future!

What comes after Gingerbread? Ho Ho? Heath Bar? Halvah? Hot Fudge Sundae? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I have my mind firmly planted in the future!

What comes after Gingerbread? Ho Ho? Heath Bar? Halvah? Hot Fudge Sundae? lol.
    Lol Honeycomb is what they are saying comes after Gingerbread..

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    OH HAPPY DAYS

Androidfied.

I hope its true!

Id love to check out that Gingerbread Emulator
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

OMG I cannot wait!!! I hope this is true!!

Here is some more gingerbread news!!
    Video calling will be a major feature in Gingerbread phones – Android and Me

Cool news! Can't wait. However I'm not too excited about video chat because the N1 doesn't have a front facing camera...and I talk with a lot of ugly people.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Cool news! Can't wait. However I'm not too excited about video chat because the N1 doesn't have a front facing camera...and I talk with a lot of ugly people.
    +1. I would have to pay attention every time someone called. And I hate pretending to paying attention to some people.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links