Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yeah and get rough and buggy firmware. I'd suggest to wait for a good and stable release of either CM or other custom rom or ...

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Yeah and get rough and buggy firmware. I'd suggest to wait for a good and stable release of either CM or other custom rom or official google update.

This solution is for people who don't want to wait. They are making progress everyday. Better than sitting around waiting if you ask me.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Was it really necessary to start a new thread? Please search and try not to make multiple threads about Gingerbread. There's a thread fully dedicated to Gingerbread inquiries.

Thank you.

As for GB, Google will release when it's marketing reasonable. There's just no way its gonna be released along side with the Nexus S.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    Yeah and get rough and buggy firmware. I'd suggest to wait for a good and stable release of either CM or other custom rom or official google update.
    I'll wait for the Google release

I want GB. When will it be here. Nuff said! :-(

"Coming weeks" - What the hell does that mean, that could be a year!!

I WANT IT NOW!!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Damn that pises me off in two weeks we will be past x-mass whos the wise guy who decided this :mad:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Damn that pises me off in two weeks we will be past x-mass whos the wise guy who decided this :mad:
    Yeah, not gonna lie. Google seems to find a way to botch their new products, new updates, etc. They fuel the hype with leaks here and there, they taunt us with the Nexus S which is NOT on par with Nexus One IMO...and either have an exclusive content idea (allowing the Nexus S sales to kickstart) or they already find problems and need more time to fix. Beyond that, I'm finding an increasing number of glitches and problems that take forever to fix. It's frustrating...so much good out there....but Google can't seem to deliver. It further fuels the debate that Android is an imposter to Apple. Don't necessarily agree, but it lends credence to those who do.

It's a real shame that Google can't get in touch with the fact that a lot of us are very loyal to them; they need to show their loyalty to us, it's a two-way relationship!

Really disappointed that they would do this, I bet Samsung have a large part to play, they probably signed an exclusivity deal so that Nexus S is only smartphone to have official 2.3 release for a defined period.

As much as I'd get a Nexus S if I was new to Android, I would love to see one on "will it blend" right now!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

I don't understand this "Loyalty" thing everyone is talking about. What does Google owe us for being "loyal." What have any of us done that can even been considered "loyal?" Well lets see...we bought the phone and maybe some accessories BFD!

Face it guys. The N1 is nearly a year old...it's not the flavor of the day anymore. WE may think it's better and in a couple of ways it is, but in all other ways the NS is as good or better. Plus it has two thing ours doesn't. NFC and Front facing camera. Keep that in mind on my second point below.

There are two reasons we don't get the OTA for a few weeks.
    1. Google and Samsung want to sell phones. If that weren't the case it wouldn't be in Best Buy (U.S.A.).
    2. Google wants dev's to have a phone with the NFC chip and a front facing camera in there hands. If you hold out...oh well... They want to develop new uses for these so that they can be ahead of Apple for the first time.

The N1 is no longer Googles baby. What do they care if we get pissed? The smartphone world is moving on either jump on the bandwagon or root.

I've moved my prediction for the OTA back. We won't get it on the anniversary date of the N1's release. My new prediction is sometime in early February. Shortly before or even after some versions of the Galaxy S get it.

PS; It won't be any better for Honeycomb. Google will release it with the Nexus S Tablet which will be some variation of the Galaxy S tablet. Then the NS will get it and so on, down the line.

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links