Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dudewithaplan I don't understand this "Loyalty" thing everyone is talking about. The point is that loyalty is very good for business. For ...

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I don't understand this "Loyalty" thing everyone is talking about.
    The point is that loyalty is very good for business.

For example, if you keep your existing customers happy, then they are highly likely to recommend your products to their friends and family.

If you upset your current customers, they are more likely to look for an alternate company that gives them customer satisfaction. They are also less likely to recommend you and may even go as far as telling other to avoid your products.

It is very obvious from the postings on this site and others that users of Google Android get great satisfaction from updates. It's even more obvious from the history of major android releases that Nexus One customers expect (and have) received software updates first. Obviously this could not continue forever but I for one feel the product is being deserted too early and that makes me an unhappy customer. I think a lot of others on this forum agree with me.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    [quote=Iggy82;86540]
    Obviously this could not continue forever but I for one feel the product is being deserted too early and that makes me an unhappy customer. I think a lot of others on this forum agree with me.
    oh so true

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    I don't understand this "Loyalty" thing everyone is talking about.
    The point is that loyalty is very good for business.

For example, if you keep your existing customers happy, then they are highly likely to recommend your products to their friends and family.

If you upset your current customers, they are more likely to look for an alternate company that gives them customer satisfaction. They are also less likely to recommend you and may even go as far as telling other to avoid your products.

It is very obvious from the postings on this site and others that users of Google Android get great satisfaction from updates. It's even more obvious from the history of major android releases that Nexus One customers expect (and have) received software updates first. Obviously this could not continue forever but I for one feel the product is being deserted too early and that makes me an unhappy customer. I think a lot of others on this forum agree with me.
    I agree with most of what you're saying up until the your release predictions. I think you're a little long in the time frame and it is unlikely that an outside brand phone will get gb First, this is still a google phone even if its not the newest one. I imagine it harder to put the Samsung ui on the phone than it is to make it ready for the n1.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I agree, but that is different than being a loyal customer that feels they are owed something just because they bought a product. i've been pretty critical of Goole in the past and have learned not to expect too much from them. I'd like gingerbread too but realize we're not top dog anymore. We just need to gut this one out. I'm skipping the nexus s and going for the nexus tab and/or third gen phone. On the mean time i'll wait for gingerbread and if it's not soon enough root.

There is sure to be a phone with newer features coming out. Their loyalty to past customers is to assure we are at the head of the line for up dated software for the phone's life. Because of Google's loyalty we'll naturally want to stay with their phones.

Perhaps Google would be a secondary market for our used phones. Recondition them, update and upgrade as possible. Keep the market strong. Make previous purchasers always special.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

It is very obvious from the postings on this site and others that users of Google Android get great satisfaction from updates.
    It is also very obvious from the postings on this site that users of Google Android get OVERLY EXCITED about updates.

Don't most major Apple software updates apply to all past Apple products?

I'm sure if you buy a Mac, then your friend buys a newer version a year later; you would both receive the latest MacOS when it was released. And surely they carry on doing this until your Mac is deemed to be incapable of using the latest software.

Google could learn something from this business model, it's not as if they have to do it for all Android phones, just the ones they officially endorse like Nexus One and Nexus S. I guess they don't have much experience with actual physical products.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

I didn't read all 30 pages of this post but if it wasn't already mentioned Engadget, this morning, has announced that Gingerbread OTA for Nexus 0ne will be available in coming weeks. If it had been mentioned before then it certainly needed to be said again. Hallelujah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Claw View Post
    I didn't read all 30 pages of this post but if it wasn't already mentioned Engadget, this morning, has announced that Gingerbread OTA for Nexus 0ne will be available in coming weeks. If it had been mentioned before then it certainly needed to be said again. Hallelujah!!!
    Yup! Google Nexus One to get Gingerbread update soon | BGR | Boy Genius Report

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    Don't most major Apple software updates apply to all past Apple products?

I'm sure if you buy a Mac, then your friend buys a newer version a year later; you would both receive the latest MacOS when it was released. And surely they carry on doing this until your Mac is deemed to be incapable of using the latest software.
    I agree in a way but the only thing wrong with what you said is (note I am not a Mac user so I don't know for sure) when the new Mac model comes out it will be running the latest firmware right but your older version will get updated but not in the same week that the new model comes out because they want that to be a good selling point of the device even for previous users. I am not saying that future updates won't be delivered at the same time to both devices but just when the device comes out and I think that is what is happening here with gingerbread and what will happen later with honeycomb.

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links