Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; These comments make a lot of sense to one who's first phone came in a big box and was mounted on the floor of my ...

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

These comments make a lot of sense to one who's first phone came in a big box and was mounted on the floor of my car. I had a release so I could take it with me, but battery life was a couple hours, very limited coverage, and yes I'm an old man. My boss had a true handheld shortly after and while I was ogling his phone he made sure I knew I was stuck with my big old phone for awhile. Think of all the changes, it's only fairly recent that we have been able to do more than talk on the thing.

And we're griping because they are slow getting us the upgrade and griping because our phone technology won't let us rotate the new maps. That said, I'm still going to gripe. It's my way of life.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Not a Big Deal

Maybe they just need to work a few bugs out. After all, the N1 doesn't have the NFC chip, or the front camera. It's already been stated that some of the "cooked" Gingerbreads out there had camera problems, so maybe Google is working on that for the Nexus One.

We should all just be patient: We have FroYo, and got it before anyone else. With FroYo, it was apps on the SD, Flash, and WiFi Hotspot. There's really not as much to look forward to this time.

We'll still get it in short order. If I have to wait to get it in a finished form, so be it. I'd rather have it sans-bugs, thenk yew!

Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    I'd rather have it sans-bugs, thenk yew!
    Well why don't they just give us a previous version like frf33 I think it was? Give us an equivalent of that for gingerbread just to have it then we will stop complaining they can work on getting it bug free in a latter version like frf91 once again but for gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    I'd rather have it sans-bugs, thenk yew!
    Well why don't they just give us a previous version like frf33 I think it was? Give us an equivalent of that for gingerbread just to have it then we will stop complaining they can work on getting it bug free in a latter version like frf91 once again but for gingerbread.
    Don't kid yourself. Nothing will ever stop the complaining. Nothing
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

All the platforms are failing right now. It may be a few more days. Now up to build 302 for Passion (Nexus One). Strange to see all builds fail.

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

What do you mean Larry? I dont understand your comment, can you elaborate?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    What do you mean Larry? I dont understand your comment, can you elaborate?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    He's talking about Cyanogen ROM build bots. That's what they use to make new versions or updates for their ROM. They are working on incorporating gingerbread on all platforms(phones) but the builds are failing. But that is to be expected. We'll have gingerbread on cyanogen in no time

EDIT: Here is the link to what he's talking about. Nexus On is called passion.
    http://buildbot.teamdouche.net/waterfall
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

This applies to those who have rooted their phones.

Checking all the various builds of CM for the different models, all compiles are failing. They're failing again to day. Nexus - Passion build isn't showing yet, but others posted have failed again. It doesn't look good for Nightly 302, the current one due up.

Of course this news only applies to those with Cyanogen Mod 6.1.1. No big deal if you're not rooted.

We (rooted ones) probably only going to get our Gingerbread with a CM upgrade, rather than OTA. I'm figuring they're working on it and something may be difficult working around. I have positively no programming expertise, so I'm on the outside looking in and still wouldn't understand what I saw if I could see it. It's like everyone looking up, I look up cause they are and don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing, so I don't. But I'm looking anyway.

Edit: What the last guy said, only he knows what he's talking about so he says it better.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    I honestly dont think its worth waiting for. Sure ill be excited when it gets here. But till then, im content!

It may not be worth waiting for but I said from the start that if I don't have it by x-mass I root and install a custom ROM like cm7, I was going to root after gingerbread anyway so no big deal.

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links