Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well. The first anniversary of the release of our beloved Nexus One is tomorrow with no indication of an update for tomorrow. I'm sticking to ...

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Well. The first anniversary of the release of our beloved Nexus One is tomorrow with no indication of an update for tomorrow. I'm sticking to my prediction of early February. It seems that gingerbread will bring little new do i'm joining the roadside as soon as I get my my PC back from being loaned to my girlfriend. I may need some help!

I will then want to root a nook. I hear it's much more difficult.

I would think it would be during ces to drum up more media. all tech media will be on android starting on Thursday
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Here's something for discussion;

When Google makes a new ROM for their own phones (e.g. Nexus S/1), they must have to get the handset manufacturer to collaborate?

Do you think it's possible that now they have realised the AOSP build, they are waiting for HTC to get on with it!?

I just wonder if HTC and Google's relationship is showing it's cracks!?

Maybe Google were annoyed with HTC as one might argue that the quick release of the HTC Desire cut deep into Nexus One's unique selling points?

Maybe HTC were annoyed when Google decided the new Nexus would be made by a direct competitor even though HTC are perfectly capable and already have a past working relationship with the Android team!?

This is all speculation, but I just wonder if anyone else agrees that HTC and Google might not be best buddies anymore and this could be having a direct effect on the release of Gingerbread for the Nexus One!!?
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post

When Google makes a new ROM for their own phones (e.g. Nexus S/1), they must have to get the handset manufacturer to collaborate?

Do you think it's possible that now they have realised the AOSP build, they are waiting for HTC to get on with it!?

Maybe Google were annoyed with HTC as one might argue that the quick release of the HTC Desire cut deep into Nexus One's unique selling points?

Maybe HTC were annoyed when Google decided the new Nexus would be made by a direct competitor even though HTC are perfectly capable and already have a past working relationship with the Android team!?

This is all speculation, but I just wonder if anyone else agrees that HTC and Google might not be best buddies anymore and this could be having a direct effect on the release of Gingerbread for the Nexus One!!?
    I dont think so, but I was wondering why the NS (nexus 2 back then) was not HTC made.

I say no that has nothing to do with it because AFAIK Google is alone for updating a pure Google phone htc have nothing to do with the updates of a nexus one nor a G2 IMO because there is no sense (sense being the ui I'm not implying that this makes no sense) on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post

I dont think so, but I was wondering why the NS (nexus 2 back then) was not HTC made.
    I think that the reason they went with Samsung for the nexus S is that they didn't want to show favouritism toward htc because that could potentially be bad for business.

I see your point and you may well be spot on, but the g1 and g2 are both built by htc. It really makes no sense that the n1 was made by htc and the ns by samsung. It may well be because of your reason but htc made mistakes with the n1. Mistakes that made headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Krew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjsturm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbUglyDragon View Post
    Gingerbread still isn't ready... even on the Nexus S.
    Really? How do you know this?
    I kind of agree with him, I don't think it's ready at all. But I do want it already. Just look at all the threads "3G & Wifi problems" and such it is very buggy.
    Same here. If you listen to the interview of Matias Duarte on Engadget, he said he had very little time to work on GB because they wanted a release before Christmas. Most of his work was then focused on HC.

And there was also 2 different mention of HC being scalable to the device it's installed to and no minimum specifications. Why wouldn't it GB be available to the N1/S?

Other note, there was some picture taken of some 2.4 version of GB I think... Maybe it really wasn't optimal...

Don't think so either...

Edit: I think that the Android has somehow the "hooks" for those dev phones. I mean, once the core functionalities are set with the specifications of the device, it must not be that hard to keep it running. What I want to say is that the problems must be more with the OS itself rather than from a disagreement with HTC. After all, they probably have all the blueprints of the N1 anyway.

All speculation here...

(Wow the beer hit stronger than I thought, must be tired, couldn't write the last part at first...)

Quote Originally Posted by BillBallantine View Post
    Why wouldn't it GB be available to the N1/S
    Because gloom, doom and abandonment make for more "interesting" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBallantine View Post
    Why wouldn't it GB be available to the N1/S
    Because gloom, doom and abandonment make for more "interesting" posts.
    I see what you did there

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links