Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dudewithaplan Well. The first anniversary of the release of our beloved Nexus One is tomorrow with no indication of an update for ...

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Well. The first anniversary of the release of our beloved Nexus One is tomorrow with no indication of an update for tomorrow. I'm sticking to my prediction of early February. It seems that gingerbread will bring little new do i'm joining the roadside as soon as I get my my PC back from being loaned to my girlfriend. I may need some help!

I will then want to root a nook. I hear it's much more difficult.
    Just saw a tweet from ClockworkMod about support for the Nook with his ROM Manager. "@Psmcdowell I actually did a lot of work to add Nook support a day or two ago, I just need to finish it up now and release."

Sweet! I'm going to Root a nook and it would be great to put gingerbread or honeycomb on it!

Gingerbread... Whatzit? Wherzit?

Where can I read up on stuff like Gingerbread, MIUI, Nook... feels like I'm learning a new language here... Anybody know if they've published a book on "Googlespeak for Dummies" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    Where can I read up on stuff like Gingerbread, MIUI, Nook... feels like I'm learning a new language here... Anybody know if they've published a book on "Googlespeak for Dummies" ???
    Well, really, you can do some searches on this forum, lots of topics are related to those subjects. There are also lots of websites dedicated to Android. You can spot the main ones and search for "Android". But here are some answers to your inquiries.

Gingerbread:
    Basically, Gingerbread is the next version of Android coming to us, N1 users, adding functionalities and UI changes.

From the official Android website though, you can see all the versions and their historical distribution.

Platform Versions | Android Developers

ROM:
    It's a custom build of Android, developed by dedicated programmers voluntarily. They are made available to the community and you should get fully informed before proceeding to a root and change of ROM. Unadvised users should not attempt it without the proper learning, in my opinion.

Nook:
    The Nook is an e-reader which has been successfully rooted and mounted with an Android Rom. Since Android is open source, many developers have been able to compile different Roms with it for different devices.

Rumors are that it may officially get Android, so I would personally wait before rooting it.

MIUI:
    It's one of those ROMs I was talking about. It has it's own UI and applications coming with it. It's a modified version of Android.

TX

Well, really, you can do some searches on this forum, lots of topics are related to those subjects. There are also lots of websites dedicated to Android. You can spot the main ones and search for "Android".

Billball, thanks for the very nice and informative reply! I just found this forum a few days ago, and have learned a ton of useful info by reading dozens and dozens of threads. I am trying to figure out now just how to do a search on a particular topic. I am new to forums as well as to the N!, so I'm still figuring out how these things work, too. It's quite a steep learning climb for me!I'm loving it!

My Input on GingerBread

Hello,

I just bought the new Google Nexus S, which comes stock with V. 2.3.1 GingerBread. The reviews online looked great, too bad I am unable to enjoy my new phone due to numerous technical problems.

- Screen goes dead when charging (Sometimes)
    - Problems with WIFI (shows error and will not re-enable)
    - When rebooting device, it get stuck on the welcoming (Google Logo) before getting to the Colored Logo Animation

- Not to mention tne numerous error messages I get out of no where for Email, Contacts (when syncing with Google Account)

in my opinion, the new software is unstable

Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    Well, really, you can do some searches on this forum, lots of topics are related to those subjects. There are also lots of websites dedicated to Android. You can spot the main ones and search for "Android".

Billball, thanks for the very nice and informative reply! I just found this forum a few days ago, and have learned a ton of useful info by reading dozens and dozens of threads. I am trying to figure out now just how to do a search on a particular topic. I am new to forums as well as to the N!, so I'm still figuring out how these things work, too. It's quite a steep learning climb for me!I'm loving it!
    OK, I get what you mean. Well, for the new users, you can always present yourself here: New Member Introductions & Site Assistance - Nexus One/Nexus S Forum - Google Phone Forum

Which I see you already have done. For the rest, I'll respond in the thread you started in the New Member Introductions to avoid Thread Hijacking.

This is probably why we haven't received it on the nexus one yet. It sucks that you have to deal with that on a new phone.it was much the same way when the nexus one came out
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjordan View Post
    Hello,

I just bought the new Google Nexus S, which comes stock with V. 2.3.1 GingerBread. The reviews online looked great, too bad I am unable to enjoy my new phone due to numerous technical problems.

- When rebooting device, it get stuck on the welcoming (Google Logo) before getting to the Colored Logo Animation

- Not to mention tne numerous error messages I get out of no where for Email, Contacts (when syncing with Google Account)

If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjordan View Post
    Hello,

you may have a bad batch, send it back and see if you can get another one, if it still does the same thing then you know the os is buggy.

Just wanted to say I've recently upgraded my Nexus One to 2.3 Gingerbread and I love it! I did it using simpleoneclickroot and micromods v.20 2.3 stock gb rom over at the xda forums, by far the best site for rooting, roms, apps, etc.

I have to say I haven't experienced any problems with it at all. But I'd be the first to blame the issues others are having with 2.3 on their Nexus S on Samsung before I would Google.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links