Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by scoobasteves Just wanted to say I've recently upgraded my Nexus One to 2.3 Gingerbread and I love it! I did it using ...

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 498

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

  1. #391
    Senior Member sotorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobasteves View Post
    Just wanted to say I've recently upgraded my Nexus One to 2.3 Gingerbread and I love it! I did it using simpleoneclickroot and micromods v.20 2.3 stock gb rom over at the xda forums, by far the best site for rooting, roms, apps, etc.

    I have to say I haven't experienced any problems with it at all. But I'd be the first to blame the issues others are having with 2.3 on their Nexus S on Samsung before I would Google.


    O wow they have the one click root I did not know that.

  2. #392
    Junior Member BillBallantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Gingerbread 2.4 on the wild again? O_o

    Second time now that I see this getting out. Will we skip 2.3 altogether? Suspense!

  3. #393
    Senior Member FlyingsCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    369
    I'm wondering if at this point Gingerbread will be skipped all together?
    Honeycomb is now announced and will be available for all devices.
    Ice Cream announced (available?) May/June possibly.

    Matias had very little input into Gingerbread.

    Why bother spending resources to port Gingerbread to N1 if Honeycomb is just about finished baking?

  4. #394
    Junior Member BillBallantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    That sure is an interesting thought. I would almost prefer that...

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  5. #395
    Senior Member FlyingsCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    369
    Not only does it save on resources, but it also means the next version has that much more added functionality so it's a bigger "wow" factor.

  6. #396
    Senior Member Iggy82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    206
    I think we deserve that since we never got Gingerbread when NS did!

    Google would please A LOT of people if they jumped straight to Honeycomb!

    I've been using Micromod777 Gingerbread for about 2 weeks now. To be honest, GB is awesome but its hardly any different to Froyo really, its just a slighty better UI. I can't say I've noticed any extra functionality with GB, the best thing about it is the old TV style screen off animation!!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

  7. #397
    Junior Member Sxnook321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16
    I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....

  8. #398
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    +1

    The only saving grace, is that, there doesn't seem to be too much of a change from froyo

    The jump from eclair to froyo was awesome... probably the jump to CM6 is better :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Sxnook321 View Post
    I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....

  9. #399
    Junior Member CaptRon_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    +1

    The only saving grace, is that, there doesn't seem to be too much of a change from froyo

    The jump from eclair to froyo was awesome... probably the jump to CM6 is better :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Sxnook321 View Post
    I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....
    OH NO...... Aseems speaks sacrilege.....Or perhaps we have become the forgotten step children.......Argh I sooooo don't want to Root yet

  10. #400
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    +1

    The only saving grace, is that, there doesn't seem to be too much of a change from froyo

    The jump from eclair to froyo was awesome... probably the jump to CM6 is better :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Sxnook321 View Post
    I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....
    OH NO...... Aseems speaks sacrilege.....Or perhaps we have become the forgotten step children.......Argh I sooooo don't want to Root yet
    Simple...then don't! I just can't see that rooting is called for in order to get some incremental updates. My Nexus works great right now, and I'm happy with it as it is. If I was stuck with crap like Blur, maybe I'd think differently; but for now, I'm content to wait for Google. I'm not insulted that we haven't gotten GB yet, and I honestly can't understand the restlessness. :confused:

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

virgin mobile whats the difference between green and white bars

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum