Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by scoobasteves Just wanted to say I've recently upgraded my Nexus One to 2.3 Gingerbread and I love it! I did it using ...

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobasteves View Post
    Just wanted to say I've recently upgraded my Nexus One to 2.3 Gingerbread and I love it! I did it using simpleoneclickroot and micromods v.20 2.3 stock gb rom over at the xda forums, by far the best site for rooting, roms, apps, etc.

I have to say I haven't experienced any problems with it at all. But I'd be the first to blame the issues others are having with 2.3 on their Nexus S on Samsung before I would Google.

O wow they have the one click root I did not know that.

Gingerbread 2.4 on the wild again? O_o

Second time now that I see this getting out. Will we skip 2.3 altogether? Suspense!

I'm wondering if at this point Gingerbread will be skipped all together?
    Honeycomb is now announced and will be available for all devices.
    Ice Cream announced (available?) May/June possibly.

Matias had very little input into Gingerbread.

Why bother spending resources to port Gingerbread to N1 if Honeycomb is just about finished baking?

That sure is an interesting thought. I would almost prefer that...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Not only does it save on resources, but it also means the next version has that much more added functionality so it's a bigger "wow" factor.

I think we deserve that since we never got Gingerbread when NS did!

Google would please A LOT of people if they jumped straight to Honeycomb!

I've been using Micromod777 Gingerbread for about 2 weeks now. To be honest, GB is awesome but its hardly any different to Froyo really, its just a slighty better UI. I can't say I've noticed any extra functionality with GB, the best thing about it is the old TV style screen off animation!!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....

+1

The only saving grace, is that, there doesn't seem to be too much of a change from froyo

The jump from eclair to froyo was awesome... probably the jump to CM6 is better :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sxnook321 View Post
    I'm starting to think that greedy Samsung signed a deal with Google to have Gingerbread exclusive to the Nexus S for a set amount of time. This is ridiculous! Day by day im getting closer to rooting my phone....

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    +1

The only saving grace, is that, there doesn't seem to be too much of a change from froyo

The jump from eclair to froyo was awesome... probably the jump to CM6 is better :D

OH NO...... Aseems speaks sacrilege.....Or perhaps we have become the forgotten step children.......Argh I sooooo don't want to Root yet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    +1

OH NO...... Aseems speaks sacrilege.....Or perhaps we have become the forgotten step children.......Argh I sooooo don't want to Root yet
    Simple...then don't! I just can't see that rooting is called for in order to get some incremental updates. My Nexus works great right now, and I'm happy with it as it is. If I was stuck with crap like Blur, maybe I'd think differently; but for now, I'm content to wait for Google. I'm not insulted that we haven't gotten GB yet, and I honestly can't understand the restlessness. :confused:

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links