Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Julio Has anybody tried using the NS updates on their N1 to see if that does the trick? Apparently there's a couple ...

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Has anybody tried using the NS updates on their N1 to see if that does the trick? Apparently there's a couple places you can look to "manually update your nexus S" to the newer version of GB.
    That would likely prove to be very foolish. There are substantial hardware differences between the devices. I would almost be certain that you would brick the phone.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Has anybody tried using the NS updates on their N1 to see if that does the trick? Apparently there's a couple places you can look to "manually update your nexus S" to the newer version of GB.
    That would likely prove to be very foolish. There are substantial hardware differences between the devices. I would almost be certain that you would brick the phone.

just wondering, what are the differences? they both have a 1 ghz processor. i'm not the most tech savy, but if a desktop can run windows using amd or intel chips, why doesnt the analogy work with android's situation of installing 2.3 over 2.2?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

just wondering, what are the differences? they both have a 1 ghz processor. i'm not the most tech savy, but if a desktop can run windows using amd or intel chips, why doesnt the analogy work with android's situation of installing 2.3 over 2.2?
    They are not the same processor. Nexus running on A8 and Samsung using Hummingbird. Samsung does not use the same hardware as the N1. If it was that easy, Devs wouldn't have the headaches debugging their apps to make them work on the different devices. There's drivers, config, and settings are that not compatible from phone to phone.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

They are not the same processor. Nexus running on A8 and Samsung using Hummingbird. Samsung does not use the same hardware as the N1. If it was that easy, Devs wouldn't have the headaches debugging their apps to make them work on the different devices. There's drivers, config, and settings are that not compatible from phone to phone.

thanks for answering. i just thought they would be pretty interchangeable since they both are the same speed

still no Gingerbread for us N1 users? does anyone know when we're getting them? Google keeps saying "in a few weeks", and it's been months.

READ the thread backward from here and you will have your answer... sigh ^^

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Apparently, according to a Google article I read, every time someone whines about it, they add another minute on to the release time...

Based on this, and the number of whiney people, I believe the date is sometime in 2025... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Apparently, according to a Google article I read, every time someone whines about it, they add another minute on to the release time...

Based on this, and the number of whiney people, I believe the date is sometime in 2025... xD

Damn it guys stop whining about it.

lol ! there you go ! be ready....

Quote Originally Posted by genewi View Post

Damn it guys stop whining about it.

well google did say it would come soon and it's still not here. i think this is more valid than speculating before any announcement was made or all threads that were created before any announcement

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links