Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by gentleman1 Originally Posted by johnny cizzle if you like controled devices and want updates, make sure you only get the nexuses from ...

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

Quote Originally Posted by gentleman1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    if you like controled devices and want updates, make sure you only get the nexuses from now. on you may not get it is fast as you want it, but you will get it when it is ready
    Should I get every nexus that Google makes? Next year, Google will bring a new device with dual processors, so what will happen to N1 and NS? Are they going to be left behind?

Regards
    Yes it is very possible though I don't think the NS will leave the N1 in the dust because there is no major changes between the N1 and the NS so there is not much of a reason to leave the N1 behind but when the dual core nexus phone is released I think it will leave the nexus one and nexus s behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    if you like controled devices and want updates, make sure you only get the nexuses from now. on you may not get it is fast as you want it, but you will get it when it is ready
    Should I get every nexus that Google makes? Next year, Google will bring a new device with dual processors, so what will happen to N1 and NS? Are they going to be left behind?

Regards
    Yes it is very possible though I don't think the NS will leave the N1 in the dust because there is no major changes between the N1 and the NS so there is not much of a reason to leave the N1 behind but when the dual core nexus phone is released I think it will leave the nexus one and nexus s behind.

You mean no software update will be available for N1 and NS after Google makes their third dual processor device?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

Regards

You mean no software update will be available for N1 and NS after Google makes their third dual processor device?
    I'm not going to say a definitive yes because no one knows and anything can happen but chances are that once multi core phones take off they will become the standard and all the single core phones will stop receiving updates because they will not be fast enough to support the OS. Although there will always be rooting to get the updates like gingerbread right now

I just read on engadget that the new Experia Neo (redundant eh?) Will be out soon and running on 2.3. I'd stated. Before that I felt 2.3 would be pushed to our phones in early to mid February. They've had so much trouble with it that I'm wondering if that will happen. Also the experia Neo won't be out that soon unless it's running froyo. Which btw is a fine UI and gingerbread is looking to be just a cosmetic update.

Having said all of that. I elected to root feeling our days as a privileged android device were over. Now I just need to figure out if I want to unlock the bootloader cuz I'm sick ofclearing the update message from my phone. Thanks Google. You want me to have to re-root my phone just for a.worthless update/fix that only effected me. Once......

I hate to say it, but that was your choice, made as a result of your analysis. You may have been right, you may not have; but it's not Google's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I hate to say it, but that was your choice, made as a result of your analysis. You may have been right, you may not have; but it's not Google's fault.
    True. They could have been more honest with us tho. I don't really care that much. I'm rooted and happy with it.

Google has spread themselves too thin. They have way too many projects going on. Android is a monster... and one that will be (if not already) out of control due to fragmentation.

Android Fragmentation Doesnt seem that serious to me. It only Sucks when your device isnt getting the latest n greatest right away. Carriers Mess up Android...Not Google.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Well said SBS! All Hail the NEXXII!

Maybe fragmentation is the issue.
    Google have had some bad press for running different versions on different phones. Maybe the plan is to update all compatible phones at once?

dude. To stop the update notifications, look for FOTAkill.
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/12272-the-effective-prevention-of-future-ota-updates/

Or, you can just run the update, then root again. I went stock yesterday, team the updates, then re rooted again. All in, took less than half an hour... Re rooting took about 5 minutes...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

IF fragmentation is the issue, it should be laid where it belongs...at the feet of the carriers and the device makers. And I don't hold the device makers too responsible....not everything ever made can run the latest versions--try running Win7 on your x286.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links